Chapter Forty- Nine. I'll Hold On

Warnings: swearing, physical and mental abuse, blood, violence, degradation, attempt of murder, etc.

It was the night before Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok would sit down for their first exam of their last year finals, and the maknaes had their respective years' finals.

It was nearly nine at night, and Jin had been alone in his house for a while since Namjoon and the other boys had gone home after hours of group study and helping each other with the last minute preparation. They'd all decided to go home early to get some decent amount of sleep so they could function perfectly during the exam hours.

Namjoon had wanted to stay the night over and cuddle with Jin because to his opinion, the latter's touch was his best medicine. But Jin knew that one way or another, both of them would end up getting distracted if they slept together, either by a heated makeout session or having a random giggle over something stupid they could spend hours bickering over.

They'd end up messing up in their tests like that, so Jin resisted the temptation and kicked his boyfriend out lovingly with the rest. He'd love to spend his whole night cuddling in Namjoon's big muscular arms, but he decided to wait for the exams to finish first and then he'd throw himself at his boyfriend and kiss him every chance he got.

Besides, it was better if they maintained some distance for just this week, as irresistable as that was, but they couldn't grow weak for one another during this period and let each other take advantage  of this and do better than themselves in the examination. They were both rivalling for the first position, none satisfied to even be second, and the whole school knew about the couple's competion. They even bet over who'd achieve the first place.

Just one week. Jin smiled at the thought as he sat in the kitchen and typed a good night text to each of the six other boys. They'd left right after having dinner at his house, but not before helping him wash the dishes and dry them. Jin didn't know what he'd do without them.

After that, he got up and connected his phone to the charger and walked out of the kitchen, stretching his arms and body, yawning as he felt tired. All he could think about now was taking a long warm bath and jumping under the covers of his bed to sleep.

He wasn't that worried about the exam tomorrow like most of the others were. He was fully prepared and confident about it, and his mother's call to wish him good luck the same evening made things better. Once he graduated, he'd be free and move out of this hellhole.

But, who knew that one loud knock at the door just then would send all of Jin's wishes and dreams crumbling down to dust.

Jin wondered who it could be to knock at his door at this hour as he walked over to open it. Maybe it was Namjoon. He'd left a few books at Jin's as he'd forgotten to take them when he left. He was probably here to get them back.

But once he opened the door and saw who it was, Jin froze in his place, fear taking over him when he saw the person standing there.

"A-appa."

Before Jin could do anything else or sense what was about to happen, he received such a hard slap across his face that he fell sprawling on the floor, his ears ringing and his cheek stinging painfully, throbbing. It hurt so much Jin had tears stinging his eyes as he looked up.