Chapter Fifty- Seven. You're My Everything

Warnings: mental breakdown, mention of trauma, etc.

Namjoon felt his heart break as Jin cried painfully, his tears staining the front of his shirt, while he held him.

Both Mr Kim and Ms Soojin were talking to the doctor with grim expressions, and by what they were talking about, Namjoon understood that since Jin was still quite delicate from what he'd gone through, he'd to stay another week at the hospital before it was decided if he should be discharged or not. That meant that he'd have to spend this Christmas in the hospital...

But this wasn't why Jin was crying. He'd missed the final examination before graduation, and woke up the next day after it'd ended. That meant that that he couldn't sit for the exam until next year... Jin was upset that after so much hard work he'd done all year, he'd to wait another year to finally graduate from high school.

The worst was that he'd not be with his boyfriend any longer. Namjoon would go to college somewhere else, leaving him all alone, after all the times they'd spent discussing happily about a happy life together. How they'd go to the same college, get a degree or whatever, and get married once they were able to look after each other without anyone else's help.

That dream seemed to have just been shattered when Jin found out he'd been unconscious the whole time he should've been attending exams, and Namjoon knew how he felt.

Maybe if Jin was in a less vulnerable state, he would've tried to find a way somehow to make things right, but right now, he couldn't. He'd gone through too much to think straight now, and all that roamed around in his mind was the fear of having Namjoon far from him. All he could do was cry now, feeling lost and hopeless.

Namjoon absolutely hated seeing Jin like this. He'd rather drink poison and feel his body's reaction to it over and over again than see his moon under so much pain.

"Baby, sshh, stop crying," Namjoon whispered, gently cupping Jin's tear-streaked face as he hiccuped, followed by more sobs, his eyes closed and brows scrunched up.

"J-Joonie," Jin choked, clutching onto him tighter as he leaned closer to his face. "I-I d-don't... don't w-w-want to l-lose y-you-"

"It's okay," Namjoon whispered soothingly as he wiped his wet cheeks with his thumbs. "Don't cry. Don't cry. I'm here. I won't leave you, baby, even if the world ends."

"Y-y-you're g-gonna lea-"

"No, I'll stay. I'll stay with you." Namjoon pressed his lips softly to Jin's, hoping this would help him to calm down.

Jin melted into the kiss, sobs becoming sniffles as he worked on moving his lips in sync with Namjoon's, and for a while, he could concentrate. Namjoon held his limp self up close to him as he tried to convey his love to him through the kiss, and when they pulled back, he skimmed Jin's smooth soft cheeks with his thumbs as they looked deeply into each other's eyes, Jin only hiccuping occasionally, his crying having finally subsided.

They hadn't realized when the doctor had left and the boys had returned to sit there with sad and serious expressions, worried about Jin's constant crying now and then, though Ms Soojin assured that after everything he'd beared all along, he needed a good cry to relieve everything.

"Y-you'll have to leave," Jin sniffled. "A-and what will become of m-me after that? I d-don't want you so f-far from m-me. I... I need y-you to be with me."

"I won't ever leave you, Jinnie," Namjoon said firmly, pressing a sincere kiss on his forehead. "I know you can't graduate this year though me, Yoongi hyung and Hobi hyung will, and have to go to college out of town, but that doesn't mean anything can separate us. I'll skip this year for you if necessary."