57.

Lando and I decided not to talk or think about Maya anymore. She wasn't worth it and we had other things to worry about.
Like our relationship and the championship.

We told Max not to worry about it either. If he was the dad, Maya would've used it a long time ago. She just wanted to stir drama right now.
We weren't gonna let that happen.

Abu Dhabi was our last stop, the last race for this season and Lando had to win. He had to.

He wasn't really stressed about it or he wasn't showing it atleast. We were both sitting in front of the Mclaren hospitality. He was resting while I was working on our final strategy.
He already did the practice sessions so I had all the information I needed.

"Here is our powercouple" Sophie and Max walked up to us and took a seat at the table we were sitting on. "Where is Luna?" Sophie looked at the both of us. They always thought we forgot her or wanted to double check if we didn't lose her around the paddock. "She's with Lando's parents" I explained quickly. His whole family flew out to watch the next race. They obviously wanted to be there if he won the championship.
"Can I talk to you mate?" Max looked at Lando, who obviously didn't get the hint that he wanted to talk in private. He just looked at Max and nodded.
"In private" Max added.
I noticed how Sophie looked at them as they got up and walked inside the hospitality. "Is everything okay?" I asked as I looked at her. "Yeah everything is fine" she nodded and smiled.

It wasn't fine. I could see that, I recognized the look on her face, I had that same look when Lando and I used to fight, or didn't talk to each other about the things that bothered us.
I wanted to help them so badly, but I also needed to concentrate on Lando. I had to put him first right now.

————————

Lando pressed his lips against mine as we were standing in the garage. "You'll do great" I mumbled on his lips. I was so nervous, I could only imagine how he was feeling. One wrong turn and he would be out of the championship. "Pole position or nothing" he chuckled as he turned around and grabbed his helmet.

I walked to the pitwall and sat down. It was our last quali for the season, the most important quali too. Pole position is all we wanted, all we would settle for.

I worked for Red Bull for a long time, I knew their strategies. Max wasn't gonna do this on his own, he was definitely getting a tow from Checo. Lando couldn't beat that on his own, he needed a tow as well.

Q1 and Q2 were fairly easy, for Lando atleast. "Oscar is out" Will said through the radio. I quickly looked at the time table and shook my head.
I knew he didn't do it on purpose, he wanted to help Lando in every way possible but now he had to do it on his own.
"Put on some new tires please" I pushed the radio button. It was the only thing we could try but I was sure it wouldn't be enough.

As expected Checo and Max both got out at the same time with Checo in front of Max. They went out early, very early. Obviously to give Checo the time to set a good time for himself after giving Max the tow.
I knew this team so well, because that's exactly what happened. Max set such a fast time, Lando couldn't beat that on his own.

I pushed the radio button again as I looked behind me to Lando's garage. "Let's go" I said and Lando drove out of the garage. "Lando, this is your last chance, bring it home" Will said through the radio, trying to motivate him as much as possible. "Pole position or nothing right?" Lando chuckled through the radio. He was still believing in it, but he probably also knew he couldn't beat Max's time.

Lando was warming his tires and was ready to start his fast lap before Carlos overtook him right before they both started their fast lap.
He wasn't blocking Lando, but why did he overtake him to do a fast lap? "What is Carlos doing?" I looked at Will and back at the monitor.
Will chuckled. "He's giving Lando a tow" he said as I saw Carlos backing away after giving the tow.

My heart starting beating even faster as I saw how Lando did a purple sector. Maybe we did have a chance to be on pole, thanks to Carlos.
I quickly looked at the Ferrari pitwall, they were shaking their heads in disbelief. I guess Carlos had a lot of explaining to do.

"Don't make a mistake now" I mumbled as I was looking at the monitor.