48.

As promised, Lexi and I went to grab dinner together. I was still not sure if it was a good idea but I had to trust my gut feeling.
Maybe she really did change. I was really hoping she did.

"Lando and you are such a powerful team, it's amazing to see you work together" Lexi said as she twirled her spaghetti on her fork.
"We didn't really prove anything yet" I shrugged it off, okay he was on pole, but the real test was gonna be tomorrow.
I knew we were both nervous for that.
"Well I am excited to see what you both can do" she smiled.
"How are you and Charles?" I asked, I was actually very interested in that. They seemed like they were doing fine, as if they never encountered any problems, if that was even possible when you were dating Lexi.
"We're doing extremely good - I really enjoy spending time with him. He's amazing" she smiled as she was talking about him. She really did love him.
"I am happy for you Lexi" and I wasn't lying. I was happy for her, genuinely happy. After everything that happened, I still wanted her to experience love, just as I was experiencing it.
"How are Lando and you?" She put her head on her hand. Her brown eyes were staring right at mine.
"After all we've been through, we are finally in a good place" it wasn't a lie, but I remembered what Lando told me - dont trust her immediately - so that's all the information she was getting out of me.
"You both deserve that" she nodded and smiled.

Yes she definitely changed.

—————————

"What do you think Lando? One stop with hards or two stop with mediums?" I wasn't used to asking these questions to drivers, but I really wanted Lando's opinion.
"For you? Always hard baby" he chuckled as he zipped his racing suit all the way up.
I rolled my eyes at his comment. "You're no help babe" we were both sitting in his drivers room. He was getting ready for the race and I was definitely getting nervous about it.

"Baby, I completely trust you. Don't be nervous, you know what's best for me" he said as he leaned over to the chair I was sitting on. One hand was on the back of my chair, while he put his other hand on the table. "In every way possible" he mumbled and kissed my lips a few times.
"Okay love birds, sorry to disturb but I have to get that one ready" his trainer Jon walked in and pointed at Lando.
"Okay I need to go to the pitwall anyways, need to get everything ready" I said as I grabbed my stuff and got up.
"Goodluck and be safe please" I looked at Lando, who just nodded and wrapped his arms around me.
"I trust you - remember that" he whispered and kissed my cheek.

My nerves were extremely high as the drivers were doing their formation lap.
Lando's beautiful orange papaya stopped in the first place grid slot.
The place where he wanted to be, where he needed to be.

Will, Lando's engineer looked at me and put his thumb up. Letting me know that it would be alright.
Why was I feeling so nervous? I was never nervous like this before.

The five lights went out and Lando had an amazing start, but unfortunately so did Max.
They were driving alongside each other for pretty much the entire first lap.
But they didn't touch, they raced each other fairly. It must be amazing to see, if you weren't rooting for one person in particular.

Lando was starting to drive a little more aggressive, something we weren't used of him.
"Lando keep it clean please" Will told him over the radio. He didn't reply but I knew I had to adjust my strategy. He was driving way too aggressively, his tires would be dead in a couple of laps.