18.

I walked in the paddock with more nerves than I ever had. Lando took Luna with him to America, it definitely wasn't my choice at all. It was way too far from home but I guess Lando thought it was a good idea.

I decided to concentrate on work, not many people were here yet so I sat down in the hospitality by myself.
"Hi Skye, can you watch Luna for a quick second?" Lando was standing in front of me with Luna on his arm.
"No, I'm working and it was your decision to take her here" I pointed at my laptop. I wasn't really that busy but I wanted to prove my point. "Yeah I know but my parents were busy so yeah I had no choice." He put Luna on the table I was sitting on.
"Please, I have to do the press conference. I can't take her with me" I shrugged my shoulders. "Don't you have someone from your team to watch her for a while? I don't have time to babysit her" he looked at me in disbelief. He chuckled a little as he picked Luna up. "Yes I do but I thought you maybe wanted to spend a little time with your daughter" he shook his head as he started to walk out. "And you don't babysit your own daughter Skye, it's called taking care of her" he looked me in the eyes when he said that.
I couldn't believe he said that in front of everyone.
I slammed my laptop close and got up.

I wanted to walk after him, I wanted to ask what his fucking problem was but as soon as I wanted to walk out of the Red Bull hospitality, Max stopped me.
He shook his head as he looked at me. "You'll regret that" he put his hand in front of me.
I sighed a little. He was right, I would regret that.
"Why can't he just understand that I have a job too?" I shook my head as I looked up at Max. "He does understand that, but you have to work together, for Luna's sake" I looked down, why was I being so selfish. He was so right, this wasn't about Lando or about me. This was about Luna. We both wanted the best for her, why did we act like children?
"Why do you always have to be right?" I laughed at him. "Remember when you said you owed me something?" he suddenly said. If I was honest, I owed him more than one thing. I just nodded. "I have to be at this sponsor thing with Christian and Helmut and you're coming with me" he said with a smile on his face. This was the worst thing he could ask me. I hated these things and especially with Christian and Helmut.
"I hate you" I mumbled which made him chuckle. He grabbed a Red Bull out of the little fridge next to the door. "No you don't but thank you for going with me" he said as we walked out. He probably also had to go to the press conference.
I turned around smiling until I met Christian's eyes. He frowned a little.
Fuck did he think we had a thing together? We were friends for years now, I would never think about him in that way and I'm sure he didn't either.

I had to find Lando and ask him to take care of Luna tonight. I would just tell him I had to be at the sponsor thing as well. I walked through the paddock, on my way to the Mclaren hospitality.
I stopped in the middle of it. Lando and Carlos were playing with Luna in front of his hospitality. They were trying to make her laugh, but I swear their laughs were louder than hers.
Maybe I just had to send him a text? I didn't want to interrupt their time together.
Just as I was about to turn around, I was face to face with my demons from the past. Lexi and Imani were standing in front of me. "Luna is growing up fast" Lexi said with a smile on her face. "She's cute" she continued. I couldn't tell if she was genuine or not. "Thanks, she looks a lot like Lando" I smiled a little. She definitely had his laugh which drove me crazy sometimes, the good kind of crazy. "I miss you Skye, do you maybe want to go to lunch together? Media days are always so boring" she chuckled.
I had to admit that I missed her too, she used to be my best friend and she did a lot of shitty things but dating Charles definitely changed her for the better.
"Sure" I nodded. "I'll see you later" Lexi winked at Imani as she grabbed my arm and pulled me with her.
I was surprised that they were still friends and I was kinda surprised to see Imani here as well. She had no business here, but I guess Lexi gave her a paddock pass everytime she wanted one.

I looked at Lexi and she looked at me with a smile. Maybe we could be friends again, maybe we could forget everything that happened between us.