25.

Raceday, which meant trying to beat Lando. Luna would be with him all day, so I had time to prepare the strategy.
I couldn't stop thinking about last night. My mind was telling me that this was the right decision but my heart definitely wasn't agreeing with that.
My heart, my stupid heart was still beating for that Papaya guy.
I wish I asked him to stay, I wish I let him kiss me but I didn't. I just watched him walk away.

I put my head on my hand as I was looking at the statistics. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. Fuck, I was in such a bad place right now. "Are you okay?" Christian looked at me as he was standing in front of the table I was sitting at. "Yeah I'm just tired" which wasn't a complete lie. I was tired but mostly heartbroken. "Nauseous, tired, grumpy" he summed up. "Don't tell me you're pregnant again" he chuckled again. I rolled my eyes but I decided to mess with him. I loved to mess with him, especially because he was so naive and I knew Max would play along. "Fuck, maybe you're right. I have to tell Max now" I closed my laptop, got up and walked straight passed him to the garage where Max was.
The look on Christian's face was priceless. That would teach him not to ask women every five seconds if they were pregnant.

I walked to Max and stood next to him. I don't think he was in the mood to joke around because I recognized the look on his face. I dated Lando long enough to recognize the look on a drivers face when they were concerned about the car.
"What's wrong?" I asked as I looked at the screen they were looking at. "I don't think we have the pace this weekend at all" he pointed at the screen, Lando's times were right next to his. "Where did Lando get all this pace from all of a sudden?" he mumbled a little. I didn't know if it was a question or if he was just talking to himself.
"I don't know" I replied. Obviously I didn't know, I wasn't in his life like that anymore, I just knew he spend a lot of time with his mechanics lately.
"We must pray for a miracle if we want to beat them today" he sighed.

But that miracle never happened, Lando won and not by a little. They were so fast on the straights but even in the corners, they were much faster.
Lando looked down on me as he was standing on the podium. I clapped a little and smiled which caused him to smile as well.

"We need to have a talk" someone said. I didn't recognize the voice immediately so I quickly looked next to me. It was Zak. I didn't expect him to talk to me at all.
"Do we?" I asked. I wasn't really in the mood for another lecture. He probably wanted to talk about Lando because he treated him as a son, which was cute but people needed to mind their own business, especially these teambosses.
"It's not about Lando, don't worry, that's y'all's decision" It was like he was reading my mind. A bit creepy but I was even more confused right now. "Then what is it about?" I asked but he shook his head. "I will set up a meeting because we can't discuss it here" he said, which was fair because there were a lot of people standing around us. People from other teams and a lot of journalists. "Alright, text me the details" I said casually. I don't know why but Zak always made me feel comfortable.
A couple of seconds later I could feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Wow that was fast. I grabbed my phone but it wasn't Zak. It was Sophie, I smiled as I opened her message.

Soph ❤️

Hi sis
We are coming to Mexico!
Grab the tequilaaaa

Omg I'm so excited!
I can't wait to see you and Max

I was already excited for next raceweekend, even though it probably would be a little awkward as well. Max was Lando's best friend and Sophie was my sister. It was great when we were still dating but now it just meant we had to be around a happy couple.

But we could do that, right?