41.

The Quadrant team landed yesterday. His family on the other hand would only land tomorrow, because their flight was delayed.
Lando didn't know yet so we stayed at the hotel room while the others stayed at the house we rented.

Lando and I would go to dinner together after quali so everyone was obviously gonna join us.
It would be a huge surprise and I was hoping he would feel so loved.

I walked through the garage. Everyone was getting ready for quali. I patted Max on his back, wishing him goodluck. He nodded at me before putting on his helmet.
It was weird to try to make him win, when I wanted nothing more than Lando winning this championship, his first championship.
I sat down next to Christian and GP and grabbed my headphones.
Just as I was about to put them on, Christian stopped me. "So I've heard Lando and you got back together" he looked me straight in the eyes. I nodded with a smile on my face.
I was definitely proud of that so I wasn't gonna hide it. "Can we be sure that you will still try to make Max champion?" He asked. I noticed how everyone was trying to eavesdrop on our conversation. I understood his question, I really did.
"If you're doubting that, then you should fire me" I put my headphones down and looked at him. He just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.
He obviously was definitely doubting it, but I was professional about this.
Also, Lando wouldn't want me to sabotage Max in order for him to win this.
He wanted to win this on his own.

At the end of the qualifying, Max was on pole with Lando just behind him. I turned to Christian as I put my headphones down. "Still doubting?" Okay that was definitely not professional at all.
He looked at the people on the pitwall and dismissed them all before looking back at me.
"It's only normal that you want Lando to win or are you gonna lie and tell me you want Max to win?" I titled my head a little. He was right, there was no denying that.
"When I'm wearing this, I want Max to win" I pointed at my Red Bull team kit.
"But yes, when I am not wearing this, I want Lando to win" I honestly said. He nodded but I had no idea what he was thinking.
Maybe it wasn't the answer he wanted to hear but it was the truth.

Christian didn't say anything else, he just grabbed his stuff and left me alone so I decided to go as well.
As I was walking through the paddock, on my way to the Mclaren hospitality I walked passed Lexi.
I just smiled and nodded, but she stopped me. "Hi Skye, I am happy Lando and you got back together" she smiled and she looked genuine.
It was weird but I really think she meant that.
"Thanks, I am very happy as well" I chuckled a little. "So what are you planning for his birthday?" She nudged me a little. "Oh just something quiet, it's hard to organize a big party with Luna" I tried to shrug it off and I also didn't really want to invite her.
It was Lando's day, so she had no business there.
"Yeah I get that, anyways I hope you have f.." she couldn't finish her sentence because we both looked in the same direction.
Max was walking through the paddock with Kelly.
They looked like they were back together, I was pretty sure about that because they were holding hands and laughing together.
Lexi and I both looked at each other confused. "I thought he liked you and now he's immediately back with Kelly?" Lexi frowned. "It's okay, as long as he's happy" I chuckled. I actually liked Kelly so I was kinda happy that she was back.
I used to have a lot of fun with her and she was my voice of reason many times.
"You're right, I'll see you later Skye" Lexi smiled as she walked up to Charles.
She changed so much and I was happy she found someone who could make her happy.

I walked to the Mclaren hospitality but I decided not to go inside.
I was dating Lando but I was still part of their rival team, which was pretty weird if I was honest.
Lando walked out a bit later, he smiled as soon as he saw me. "I thought you forgot about me. Why aren't you coming inside?" He said as he pecked my lips quickly.
I shrugged my shoulders. "Didn't think they would like that" I said and he immediately shrugged it off. "I don't care, you're my girl so you're always welcome in there" he said as he pointed at his hospitality.
"I am looking forward to this date with you" he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. Little did he know that it wouldn't be just us. All his friends would be there, I was hoping he would actually like that.
"And after that, you'll get some birthday sex" I whispered as I leaned closer to him.
He groaned a little bit as he put his head in my neck. "Or we can have a quickie now?" He mumbled as he kissed my neck a couple of times.
I loved teasing him and I was gonna do that all evening.
I was already looking forward to that.