49.

"Keep it clean Lando and think about your tires" Will reminded him, once again. Most of the times Lando just didn't answer, but this time he did. "Leave me to it" He quickly said. Will threw his hands in the air and looked at me, shaking his head.
He was tired, tired of Lando being like that.

I already started thinking about another strategy, the one stop we've planned wasn't gonna work at all.

"My tires are dead" Lando said through the radio. Yes obviously they were dead, we've warned him several times. Will looked at me. "Yes let him box. We are putting on the hards" I said to Will, who transferred the message to Lando.
"Hards? No" Lando said. "Put on the mediums" he continued. I was getting frustrated. I thought he trusted me?
I shook my head to Will. "We only have old mediums" I told Will. He obviously didn't transfer that message to Lando, not every team needed to know that.
"Box box" he said instead.

We weren't gonna put the mediums on, we had to stick to our new strategy. A strategy we didn't even plan but we had to change because of Lando.
"Did you put the hards on?" Will sighed as he heard Lando through the radio. Even I was sick and tired of Lando at this point. "Copy Lando, we did" Lando just responded with a sigh.
I really wanted to press Lando's button and tell him to trust me, like he said he did, but I didn't. I didn't want to start drama. I've had enough of that.

Fortunately, Lando calmed down after his pitstop, he probably also realized he was driving way too aggressive. "How are the tires feeling?" Will asked. "Feeling good" Lando answered calmly.
I was happy about that, we just needed to trust that he could bring it home without doing an extra pitstop.

I was nervous as I was watching the screen, but I also knew Lando could do it, I trusted him.

I let out a sigh as Lando crossed the finish line in first place.
"He definitely made it harder than it had to be" I said as I looked at Will, who definitely agreed with me. "We have to talk about that during the debrief" I nodded at his suggestion as we were both walking to the place were Lando would park his car.

He got out and got on top of his car, putting his fists in the air. I smiled as I looked at him, even though I hated him during the race, I still was so proud of everything he did.

————————

Lando finished his interviews and everything before he walked in the hospitality again.
"My beautiful baby" he said as he leaned over Luna and kissed her head. "And my other beautiful baby" this time he leaned over to me and pressed his lips against mine.

He sat down next to me, he couldn't stop smiling. "I am so happy you decided to come to Mclaren" he said as he pulled my chair closer.
"You're definitely gonna make me champion" he whispered in my ear and kissed my neck after.
"Sorry to disturb your little get together but we need to go to the debrief" Zak patted Lando's back.
Lando quickly backed off and looked up at Zak. "Why do we need a debrief? I'll debrief with Skye in private" he smirked at me.
He was getting way too cocky, we definitely needed a debrief.
"No Lando, we need this debrief" I said as I got up and took Luna out of her chair.
Lando didn't look pleased at all, but we definitely needed this meeting.

Luna was sitting on my lap while we were doing the meeting. It wasn't ideal but we had no other choice.
We were all wearing headsets as we were all sitting in front of our screens which showed the data.
We went over the data and everything was fine until we reached the end of the meeting.

"I just want to say something real quick" I said as I put the mic closer to my mouth. "If I put a strategy together and we all agree on that strategy then I expect everyone to follow it" I didn't address Lando personally but I knew he would know it was about him.
"I wanted to follow it, but my tires were dead. What did you want me to do?" Lando said as he pushed his mic against his mouth.
"I don't know. Calm down when we tell you to?" I replied and even though I was sitting on the other side, I knew he was rolling his eyes.
"I had to, I am the driver and we wouldn't have won if I didn't push" he took of his headset and put it back on the table.
He just walked out of the room, not saying another word.

I expected it to be hard to work together but if this how it was when we won, then I didn't dare to think what he would be like when we lost.