34.

I've never been more scared to walk in a room than I was now. I was standing in front of his hospital room for a while now.
I was expecting the worst but maybe it wasn't that bad after all because as soon as I opened the door, I could hear Crofty, which meant he was watching the race.
I was right, he was laying in bed while watching the race. He immediately looked at me as he saw me walking in.
I couldn't help but smile, he was fine even though he looked as if he was in a lot of pain. His arms were covered with bruises and cuts.
He smiled a little and it felt like the world stopped spinning. I was nailed to the ground, I didn't think this through, what if he didn't want to see me? What if he expected someone else?

He was still looking at me as he put his hand out for me. He was reaching out for me, even after everything I did to him, even after I broke his heart a couple of times.
I walked to him so quickly and wrapped my arms around him.
I could hear him groan a little, he was probably in a lot of pain but he still wrapped his arms around me. He still wanted me in his arms even if he was hurting.
"I thought I lost you" I mumbled against his neck. He didn't answer, but he didn't need to. I was just happy to have him in my arms. I was happy to put my head in his neck and smell him.
What was I thinking? Why did I ever think he didn't make me happy? He was the reason I was having so much fun in life, he was the reason I felt safe, he was the reason I gained so much confidence, because he believed in me.
I smiled at him and sat down next to his bed. "And who are you exactly?" There was no emotion is his voice, except maybe confusion. He raised his eyebrow as he looked at me.
Wait, did he really not know who I was? Wasn't he reaching out to me? Was I imagining that?
"I am Skye" I said softly but he still looked at me with the same confusion on his face. "We've been dating for years now" I decided to leave out the part where we actually got divorced too.

We both quickly looked at the tv screen when Crofty started to talk louder. It meant someone just won and it was Carlos. Max only ended in P7. I don't know what happened but he was probably also still in shock.
Lando smiled a little as he saw how Carlos won. So he still remembered them but he didn't remember me? So that probably also meant he didn't remember Luna.
How was I gonna explain that to her?
We were back at square one. I couldn't explain everything that happened between us, he wouldn't believe me.

He grabbed his phone and started typing something, he just wasn't interested in me at all, even after I told him we've been dating for years?
I sighed as I got up and walked to the door.
My biggest fear was to lose him, but I didn't expect him to lose him in this way.