26.

I've received the details from Zak just as we landed in Mexico. He wanted to meet in their hospitality, which I obviously expected.
He still didn't tell me what it was all about which worried me. Did he just want to have a friendly chat? I doubted that, not after what happened between Lando and I.

Lando scanned his pass just as I walked in. He smiled at me. "So Max and Sophie are landing today" he said as he walked next to me.
I was holding Luna but she quickly stretched her arms to Lando. "Yeah Sophie texted me. Can you fix a paddock pass for her too?" I asked as I put Luna in his arms.
"I already fixed that babe" his face changed a little when he noticed he just called me babe, I had to admit my heart jumped a little when he did.
"Sorry, it's a habit" he softly said.
I shook my head. It wasn't a big deal at all, I actually enjoyed it. "Don't worry about it" I said as we walked to the Red Bull hospitality. "Thank you babe" I winked at him and walked in the hospitality. I could hear his laugh from behind me.
Fuck, I missed hearing him laugh.

—————————

A few hours passed when I got a reminder of my meeting with Zak. I quickly closed my laptop and walked outside.
I was actually quite nervous about it. I had absolutely no idea why he wanted to meet me.
Lando raised his eyebrow as I walked in their hospitality. He was sitting with Luna and Jon, they were having lunch.
I still had a little time before the meeting and I owed him an explanation.
"Is there something wrong?" Lando asked as soon as I walked to their table. "Not at all, Zak asked for a meeting so here I am" I said smiling but I wasn't so confident about it.
"He did? About what?" He looked at me as he was wiping Luna's face. "I have no idea honestly. Didn't he tell you something?" He shook his head. I was sure Zak told him something about it but I guess not.
"Alright, I will see you guys later, I'm gonna meet the big boss" I said as I turned around and walked away.
"Wait Skye" Lando said as he got up and walked to me. I turned around and titled my head. "Text me after the meeting" His fingers brushed against my hand. I nodded with a smile.
I was happy we could be friends atleast.

I quickly walked to Zak's office and knocked on the door. I could hear a faint "come in" so I quickly opened the door and walked in.
He pointed at the chair in front of his desk, he didn't even look up at me. I've had a feeling that this wasn't gonna be a friendly chat.
"Thanks for meeting me Skye" he said as he finally looked up at me. I just nodded. "We've been watching you for a while now and we are actually quite impressed with your work" Okay this definitely wasn't a friendly chat, I knew were this was going.
"Do you know what you're gonna do next season?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Probably work for Red Bull still" I said but that's not what he wanted to hear. "Our strategist is leaving us next season and we would want to offer you a contract" Oh Zak, why didn't you offer me this when Lando and I were still together? I'd jumped on this opportunity but this was all too weird right now.
"I don't know" I just said. I was happy at Red Bull right now and it would be so awkward to work for Mclaren especially since what happened with Lando. "You don't have to give me an answer right away but just think about it please" he quickly said. I nodded, I was gonna think about this but I already kind of knew my answer.

After we talked for a little while, I walked out of his office. "So what did he want with you?" Lando was leaning against the wall outside of his office. "Did you just wait for me here?" I chuckled because he tried to shrug it off, but he definitely was waiting for me.
"He wants me to work for you guys next season" I explained. His face lit up a little bit so I guess he was gonna stay with them next season even though he never really said that.
"And you want that or not?" he followed me as I walked through the hospitality. I stopped in front of the exit and looked at him. "I don't know Lando, wouldn't it be weird?" I didn't want to explain why it would be weird. It was quite obvious. "No? Look Skye, I know you don't want me anymore and I'll respect that, so you just have to think about what you want" his hand brushed against mine. "I will not make it weird if you decide to join Mclaren" but maybe I wanted him to make it weird, maybe I wanted him to fight for me some more but he didn't.
He just let me go quite easily, which I didn't really expect.
"Thanks Lando, I'll come get Luna after practices okay?" he nodded and smiled.

I grabbed my phone to check if I missed any important texts or calls but there was only a text from Sophie.

Soph ❤️

We landed!
And we bought tequila
Do you maybe want to come to us tonight?

Which hotel are you staying at?

We've rented a little house
So please bring Luna too

Is Lando coming too?

Well, he is Max's best friend
So yes

I expected this, but maybe tequila and Lando wasn't a good idea. I was definitely not gonna drink too much. I couldn't quite handle alcohol anymore so I had to remind myself to switch to water on time.
I could do that.