17.

A few weeks have passed. I didn't really talk to Lando that much, only a few calls and texts about Luna. He came to pick her up and took her to Monaco.
She started crying when she realized I wasn't coming with them. It broke my heart. Was this really the best decision?

We almost had to go to America for the next race but I needed to attend a meeting in Milton Keynes.
I was happy to be here, it would take my mind of things and that was exactly what I needed.
Before I went to the meeting, I decided to grab a quick coffee.
I smiled as I saw my favorite bull sitting alone. He wasn't bothered by it, he was scrolling on his phone.
"Hi you, guess you had to be here as well?" I said as I walked to his table and sat down with him.
"Yeah I've been doing some sim work for the past couple of days" he explained. He locked his phone and put it in his pocket. "How are you holding up?" He asked. I could see the concern in his eyes. "I'm doing fine. Work is distracting me" I honestly said. I've been doing better, not seeing Lando definitely helped.
"And Luna?" I shrugged my shoulders. "She's starting to ask questions why mom and dad aren't living together anymore" I thought she wouldn't really notice but I was wrong about that.
She was smart, she obviously noticed something changed.
"You should explain it to her as well" he said and I nodded in agreement.
We definitely should have a little talk with her.

I wanted to ask him about the girl he liked but Chloe walked up to us. She smiled at the both of us but I could definitely see that they weren't hooking up anymore.
"I see everyone is here today" she said as she grabbed a chair and sat down with us.
"Yeah we have this boring strategy meeting" Max laughed and looked at me. "Watch it, or I'll let you pit a hundred times next race" I nudged him laughing.
"Anyways, I'll see you in a minute" Max said as he got up and walked away.
They couldn't even sit together for a couple of minutes.
"Did it end that badly?" I looked at Chloe. She shook her head. "Not really. It's not like we're best friends but I'm not gonna be mad at him for being honest" she took it way better than I expected.
"How did it end with Lando and you?" She switched the conversation to a subject I would rather avoid. "We're still talking but only about Luna. It will be weird to see him again" I sighed. She was the only thing that connected us lately, but I was happy he still wanted to have the best relationship possible with her.
"So you're getting a divorce?" Another subject I tried to avoid. We didn't talk about it just yet but I guess it was what we needed to do.
"I guess so" I shrugged my shoulders as I got up. "Sorry but I need to go" I was afraid I was already too late. "Think about it long and hard Skye and follow your heart" Chloe said as she looked at me.
I nodded. She was right, it wasn't a decision we needed to make right now.
I wasn't ready to let go of him just yet.

The meeting was very boring, Max was right about that. I thought it would be a strategy meeting but every department had to tell their plans for next weekend.
I didn't really care about that and neither did Max.
He was letting his head rest on his hand as he was typing something on his phone.
A couple of seconds later my phone went off, fuck I definitely forgot to put it on silent.

Max 🦁

Can we get out of here?
I am bored

Great idea
But how?

Just pretend you're sick
And I'll be soooo concerned

If Christian fires me it's on you

I'll protect you

I chuckled as I put my phone away. "I am sorry but I feel a bit nauseous. Can I excuse myself?" I said as I looked at Christian. He nodded. I already did my part so it was only marketing who needed to tell their plans.
"I will go with her, to make sure she's fine" Max said as he grabbed his stuff and got up.
Christian didn't looked too pleased about that but just rolled his eyes and nodded. "Yeah fine, we will see you both in America" Christian said as we walked to the door.

We closed the door behind us and looked at each other. "I can't believe that actually worked" I said as I started laughing.
It felt good to laugh again, it's been a while.
"But nauseous really? He will think you're pregnant or something" Max laughed.
Fuck, I didn't think about that but girls could get nauseous without being pregnant, he was probably not thinking that far. I hoped.