45.

"Welcome in our team" Zak said as he shook my hand. The contract that was laying on the table was signed and I was starting immediately.
"Tell me what you need to make Lando champion" he chuckled.
"I need all the data and statistics from the past races" I said and he nodded, probably expecting this answer.
We've only have three races to get him on top, which meant we had to almost win all of them.
Lando could definitely do that, I believed in him, I believed in us. We could do this.

I walked out of Zak's office and was greeted by Lando and Luna. "Look Luna, mommy is gonna make daddy champion" he smiled as he was holding Luna.
I smiled as I took Luna from him and kissed his lips quickly. "Champion?" Luna asked as she pointed at Lando. "Not yet, but soon" Lando laughed. The confidence on this man, it was pretty sexy.
"Let me show you your new workplace" Lando said enthusiastically as if I never saw the Mclaren hospitality and garage before.
I laughed but still nodded. He grabbed my hand and showed me his room. "Always welcome here but you better knock or maybe you'll find me naked" he whispered the last word in my ear and bit my ear softly.
"I won't knock" I winked at him, he laughed a little. "Smart choice" he mumbled as he took Luna again.

He was holding Luna on one arm while he held my hand with his other hand. "The rest of the hospitality is boring so let's get to the garage" he said as he pulled me with him.
Just as we exited the hospitality, Max walked out of his hospitality.
His eyes met mine and he immediately walked up to me.
He wasn't looking happy to say the least.

"A word please?" He looked at me. I knew this was coming and I was prepared for it.
I looked at Lando, nodding at him. "I will meet you there later okay?" I said. His hand brushed against my back before he walked to the garage.
I noticed how he was looking behind him one last time, making sure I was really okay.
But I could handle Max, he was disappointed but he would never be rude.

"So you quit and joined Mclaren?" He pointed at the Mclaren hospitality. I shrugged my shoulders. "I am sorry Max, but it just didn't feel right" he knew I was right, he knew it was the best choice. For both of us.
"I will miss you" he said softly. This wasn't about a job anymore, it was about me being around him all the time.
I was gonna miss him too, for the past years he was definitely my support system and therapist. "I will miss you too, but I have to try and make him champion" he gave up so many things for me, he gave up his championship for me.
I had to try and give it back to him.
"And I'll still come and steal some Red Bulls" I chuckled as I nudged him. He laughed as he pulled me in a hug. "You better"

That went better than expected. I quickly walked in the Mclaren garage, again, it wasn't my first time here, but it still felt different this time.
Every engineer and mechanic turned their head as they saw me walk in.
Lando probably noticed it too because he quickly walked to me and put his arm around my waist.
"Skye is our new strat- statis-" he tried to introduce me but the struggle with his words was a never ending story.
"Strategist" I helped him. He nodded and pointed at me. "Exactly that" everyone started to laugh, he definitely broke the ice.
Without even noticing he made me way less nervous. "Thank you" I whispered to him.
He pulled me a little closer and smiled. "No, thank you for choosing me" he licked my cheek quickly before walking away.

Lando and Luna both started laughing. Sometimes it felt as if I had two kids.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.