23.

Skye's POV

Lando just walked passed me this morning. I thought he would atleast come and say hi to Luna but he didn't, he just waved.
Was I wrong to post about our breakup without telling him? It just felt right that we told everyone, they had the right to know right?
Fuck I was starting to doubt everything. Didn't he want to tell people? Wasn't he ready to move on?
"I think I made a mistake Lexi. I should delete my last post" I said as I grabbed my phone but she put my hand down. "It's too late already, everyone saw it or took a screenshot" I put my hand through my hair, she was right.
The damage was already done. 
"Can you watch Luna for a while? I need to go see Lando" I looked at her, it would be her first time alone with Luna but she was awesome with her. "Sure, don't worry about it" she smiled and looked at Luna. "I'll show you around the Ferrari hospitality" she said and Luna started nodding enthusiastically. She loved the red cars so I knew she would enjoy herself.

I walked in the Mclaren hospitality but I couldn't find Lando anywhere. He must be here because I saw him walking in. "You've got some nerves" someone chuckled behind me. I turned around and Imani was standing in front of me with her arms crossed. What was she doing here?
I should've known she would be around Lando as soon as he was single again and I guess she would want to give him a child, though.
"What are you doing here?" I frowned as I looked at her. "I could ask you the same thing" she said with a chuckle.
I decided to ignore her and just walk to his drivers room, I had more reasons to be here than her. "He is not there, he is in the engineers meeting" she said. She was still following me. I turned around and looked her straight in the eye. "Did you just wait for us to break up to get with him?" I raised my voice, I couldn't be nice anymore, not to her atleast. "Did you break up with him to get with Max?" she raised one eyebrow and had a smirk on her face.
Fuck Lexi why did you have to tell Imani as well?
"You're insane, we are just friends" I chuckled, I knew he liked me and maybe, just maybe I started to like him too but I wasn't gonna tell her. "Okay so Lando and I are just friends as well" she winked at me before walking out of the hospitality.
Seriously? I knew he wouldn't do that, not with her, not so fast but it still annoyed me.

I waited in front of his hospitality for what seemed hours. Finally their meeting ended and he walked out of the hospitality, he was laughing with Jon but quickly stopped as he saw me.
I used to be the reason he smiled, now I was the reason his face just dropped.
"Can we talk for a quick second?" I asked. Jon patted his back and walked back inside while he sat down with me. "I'm sorry for my post, I should've talked with you about it first" I said which caused him to nod. "I think we should talk about everything, about what we want to do, for us, for Luna" he said. I noticed he was wearing his sunglasses the entire time. I hated that because I couldn't see how he was feeling.
"Are you free tonight?" I asked. He grabbed his phone and scrolled a little bit before nodding. "Can we go to dinner together?" I didn't want to meet in someone's room or a hospitality. We needed to talk about this on neutral ground. "Sure I'll make reservations" his voice cracked a couple of times. I frowned as I looked at him. What was he hiding underneath those sunglasses? "Are you okay?" I asked. He just nodded and got up. "I have to get ready for quali" he didn't even wait for me to answer that. He just walked back in his hospitality.
I was happy we agreed to go to dinner together. We really needed to talk about things.

————————

I put my head in my hands as Max crossed the finish line. He qualified in third place which wasn't what we were expecting at all, but he just seemed to lack pace.
Lando on the other hand, had a lot of pace and ended on P1. 
I didn't have to go to the place were they would do the post-qualifying interviews because our mechanics were there to support Max but I still wanted to go.
I grabbed the barrier in front of me and hugged Max. I was still proud of him no matter what but the real reason I wanted to be here was Lando. It's been a long time since he was on pole and I wanted to show him I was here for him as well.
He took his helmet off and put his hand through his hair, his curls were a little damp. Why did he have to look so damn cute?
We quickly locked eyes, it was the first time I saw his eyes today and I immediately understood why he was wearing his sunglasses all day.