50.

I returned to our hotel room after the meeting. I put Luna down in her crib, she was already asleep.
Lando on the other hand didn't return yet.
He walked out of the meeting and I didn't see him in the hospitality or paddock afterwards, so I honestly had no idea where he was.

I grabbed my laptop, trying to prepare for the next race but I just didn't feel like it. I couldn't concentrate.
It wasn't like Lando to not come back or send a text. I was worried, but on the other hand, he had no reason to be mad.
I was just being professional and he was not.

I put my laptop away, grabbed the covers and put them on top of me. I was just gonna watch some tv as I was waiting for Lando to return.

After an hour, the door of our room opened and Lando walked in.
He sighed a little as he put his stuff down and looked at me.
"I am sorry" he said softly, probably also trying not to wake Luna. "You were right" He continued. It didn't matter anymore, I was glad he realized he was wrong.
I opened my arms and gestured him to get some cuddles. He crawled in bed and in my arms. "I just want this so much" he mumbled as he was laying on my boobs.
I put my hands through his hair. "I want to make you and Luna proud" how could you be mad at someone like him. Someone who was doing it for all the right reasons.
"We are already very proud but we will definitely make you champion. Just trust me okay?" He nodded and looked up at me.
"I trust you" he said as he pressed his lips against mine.
We fell asleep like that, with him in my arms.

He could be weak too, especially with me. He knew he had to be strong again next week. He couldn't show how much he wanted this, people would try to take advantage of that.

————————

The next race was in Jeddah. Two races to go and this one was also very important. Lando didn't need to win but he still had to finish in front of Max or it would be very very difficult during the last race.

Max and Sophie also flew over to Jeddah, it would make things easier with Luna and they obviously wanted to support Lando as well.

"So what if Max wins this weekend?" Sophie asked as we were walking in the paddock.
"Then Lando has to win during the last race and Max can't finish higher than third" I said as I put Luna on my other arm. "So we have to avoid that" I laughed.
We definitely had to avoid that.

As we were getting closer to the Mclaren hospitality,
I could already hear Lando's laugh. He was doing some media stuff and I guess he enjoyed it for once because it was definitely not a fake laugh.
"Can you by the way take care of Luna tonight? We have a team event" I asked. I didn't even need to ask, I knew she would say yes, she loved Luna.
"Of course and I think you need some private time with your man as well" Sophie said as we walked in the hospitality.

We definitely needed some private time. Lately it felt as if we were just parents and colleagues. We needed that Skye and Lando spark back and I knew exactly how I was gonna do that.

Sophie sat down next to Max, who already was sitting in the hospitality.
I put Luna down as well and just as I was about to sit with them, Lando looked at me.
I recognized that look, he wanted to get out of the interview. I guess he wasn't enjoying it after all.

I chuckled as I walked up to him and looked at the journalist. "Can I steal him away? I need to discuss some things with him" she just nodded and thanked Lando for the interview.

Lando put his arm around my waist as he walked away with me. "Thank you so much for that" he put his face in my neck and I could feel his lips against it. "I will definitely give you something in return for that" he mumbled against my neck.

I guess Lando was also trying to get our spark back.

I was already looking forward to tonight, to some Skye and Lando time.