33.

A lot of time went by without any news. The cars all returned to the pitlane while the stewards were busy trying to get Lando out of his car.
His car was laying upside down against the barrier. I looked at Christian, I didn't need to ask him, he just understood what I was trying to ask. He nodded and patted my back softly.
I took my headphones off and jumped off the seat.
I quickly ran through the pitlane until I reached the Mclaren garage.
I could hear the ambulance in the background, the sounds was getting closer so maybe he was out of the car?
I walked to Zak and Will, his race engineer. "Please tell me that he is okay" my voice was trembling, my heart was beating so fast right now and I felt as if I was gonna pass out.
"They got him out but he didn't respond. We don't know if he's fine Skye" Zak said. I could hear the nerves in his voice as well.
I looked in the Mclaren garage, everyone was looking scared, everyone loved him so they obviously all wanted him to be fine.
My eyes met Sophie's, she was holding Luna and looked just as scared as I was.
I quickly walked to Sophie, Max and Luna. Sophie immediately put Luna in my arms. She didn't completely understand but I definitely got the feeling that she knew something was wrong.
"Daddy will be fine, he is strong" I said as I kissed her head softly.
I don't know who I was trying to convince more, her or myself? Lando was strong but it was such a bad crash.
"Have you heard anything?" Max asked. He must be so scared too. I shook my head. "Zak said he's out of the car but he didn't respond on the radio" which wasn't a good thing at all.
I was hoping the race wouldn't resume anymore, I was hoping they would just cancel it because I don't know how they expected me to work again, or how they expected the drivers to race after they witnessed that.

But unexpectedly, they resumed the race half an hour later. Christian told me to sit this one out and I was happy about it. I couldn't concentrate anyways.
I was just sitting in the Mclaren hospitality with Luna, Max and Sophie. We obviously wanted to go to Lando, because they took him to the hospital but we weren't sure where they took him and I didn't know anything here.
Zak walked in, the race wasn't finished yet but he promised to keep us up to date.
"They brought him to the nearest hospital. So if you want, you can visit him. Best without Luna though" he said a little bit more quietly. I nodded, I understood what he was trying to say. It must be bad, he was probably in a very bad state.
"Keep us posted please" Max said as he looked at me. He was also very concerned about his best friend. "Of course" I nodded. I was scared, but I really wanted to see him, I wanted to know if he was fine.

I was praying he would be fine. Even if we weren't together anymore, he was still the love of my life, my best friend and the father of my daughter.