52.

Lando's POV

I had an amazing evening with Skye, we needed some time alone and that's exactly what we had. Everything was perfect until that text from Maya.

It was never a good sign when Maya wanted to talk to me. I would rather not talk to her at all and that's what I decided to do.
I didn't reply, I wasn't bothered by it.

I walked with Skye through the paddock. "Baby I have to go to a meeting" Skye said as she kissed me quickly.
It wasn't a meeting I needed to attend, so I decided to stay outside for a while.
"Are you ready for this weekend dude?" Max Verstappen walked up to me and leaned on the table I was sitting at.
"I am definitely ready, are you?" I asked and he nodded. He was always ready for it.
"Maya is looking for you by the way" he said as he walked away.

I sighed, I don't think I could avoid her for the rest of my life, but I was definitely gonna try.

"Lando, just give us some long runs, we want to check how long these tires can last" Will said through the radio.
I guess it was gonna be a boring practice session. I couldn't push, I just needed to act as if it was the race.
After a lot of laps, I returned back in the pits.
Skye immediately walked up to me as I took my helmet off.
"Great runs, we definitely can work with the mediums, how did the tires feel for you?" Skye asked as we were standing next to each other and looked at the screen with the statistics.
"Felt really good, but can I do a push lap?" I wanted to practice for quali tomorrow.
Qualifying here was very important, so I definitely wanted to be on pole.
"We will do that tomorrow" Skye said as she looked at me. She probably noticed I was looking at Max being on P1.
"And that means nothing Lando. Don't get it in your head" she pointed at the screen.
I loved how she knew how I was feeling without telling her.

—————————

After the practices, I had media duties to attend and unfortunately I wasn't gonna be able to ignore Maya.

I walked in the media pen and did every interview I could before I went to Maya.
"Lando" she nodded at me before starting the interview. She asked just basic questions, like everyone else.
For a moment I thought she forgot about it but it was just wishful thinking.
Just as I was about to walk away, she grabbed my arm, gently.
"Lando please can we talk?" I couldn't ignore her anymore. I would see her every day.
"Sure" I nodded. I gestured at my PR manager that she could go without me.

I followed Maya to a more private place. "So what's up?" I said as I fixed my racing suit.
If Skye saw us together, she would definitely cut my dick off.
"Why did you not answer my texts?" She asked which made me shrug my shoulders.
"Can you blame me after everything?" She didn't respond, she just looked down at the ground.
"So what did you wanna talk to me about?" I was trying to hurry her up. I wanted to go back to my team, back to Skye.
We had a lot to discuss before tomorrow.

"I-I think you should know who the dad of my son is" she looked up at me.
She was biting her upper lip a little, she was nervous and so was I.

Everything started to come back to me. Did something more happen that night she kissed me?
I remembered our kiss, I definitely remembered that but I also remembered a lot of drinks.
I would remember if we had sex, right?