Chapter 35: Kill The New Sword

So after breaking off, Y/N leaves a clone with Weiss and continues on his way to get his sword.

'You seriously should stick around more,' Incursio advises.

"Nah, the more I avoid my problems the fewer problems I'll have," Y/N says with a smug smirk.

'No, you'll just have more problems in the future,' Incursio corrects. 'Dude seriously. You're in the middle of a war and despite what you think, neither side is a fan of you.'

"What? Ruby and her friends love me," Y/N lies to himself.

'No, they tolerate you. Ruby and Lubbock may love you, hell even Weiss, but they do not like you. You are an insufferable antisocial nutcase who only managed to make friends with two other antisocial nutcases and as soon as Wave left the group he was just a nutcase. And Lubbock isn't even antisocial he's just a perv who no one talks to,' Incursio digs into Y/N. 'And you're just gonna write this off as me just being a cunt and I am being a cunt but you need to seriously reevaluate your friendships. Or else you'll be fighting two uphill battles on different sides.'

Y/N is silent for a few moments. He suddenly accelerates to Mach 5 before arriving just outside of Atlas. He then slows down to sneak into Atlas airspace unnoticed and finds the Blacksmith he visited a week ago.

"Yo, how's the progress on my sword?" Y/N asks, looking at all of the different weapons on the walls.

The Blacksmith who is a stout old man with a thick black moustache and just as thick black eyebrows comes from door in the back wearing a black leather apron full of tools.

"Right, yer the one who wanted the repair and remodel of yer sword. Before I show ye what all I've done to it, may I ask who forged it?" The Blacksmith asks. "And when?"

"Oh, well I did, around five years ago," Y/N answers. "Though I had help from a blacksmith in my village. Why?"

"Oh, it's jus' cause the sword was in fantastic condition aside from all the cracks in the metal. Probably could have done the repairs yerself," The Blacksmith smiles at Y/N.

"Nah, the guy who taught me only taught me enough to forge, nothing about reforging and stuff like that," Y/N waves the guy off. "So how's my baby?"

"Oh, she's jus' a beaut, I was able to add a gun mod as ye requested. Going off of several requests I've had before I went with the standard fully automatic rifle mod that goes through the middle of the blade and, by thickening the middle jus' a tad, can be hidden by the blade wit the press of a button wit no sacrifice to stabbing ability," The Blacksmith explains as he goes to get the sword.

When he comes back Y/N's shortsword is slightly thicker and longer with a mechanism on the hilt and also now has a true edge so to speak as the magazine disrupts what used to be.

"Hm... and what calibre of round does it take?" Y/N asks.

"Five forty-five hollow-point of course. My speciality," The Blacksmith smiled.

"How many rounds does the magazine take?" Y/N asks, inspecting the weapon and even transforming it.

"Thirty-five. Oh and before I go forgetting, I took the liberty of reinforcing the barrel and that blade of yers with tungsten to mitigate the overheating," The Blacksmith says. "I filled one of the mags, but ye'll have to get the rest at the ammo shop jus' down the road."

"Thank you," Y/N bowed slightly to The Blacksmith. "I am indebted to you."

"Oh, ye don't have to do allat," The Blacksmith blushed. "Jus' letting me work on yer sword was enough."

"Still, if you ever need anything and I'm around, just holler and I'll be here as fast as I can," Y/N promised. "I wish you well."

Y/N then sheathed his new sword and placed the magazines in pouches created with Oath before leaving the shop.