Unraveled Threads (1)

Cale retracted his hand as the person fell limp to the ground. Flashes of red lightning could be seen dancing on his fingertips before they disappeared. He stared down upon the dead body near his feet, silence lingering in the air.

Of course, it didn't take long until the avatar of Han Sooyoung broke it.

"... Whoa, dude, you burnt him to a crisp. Now it smells like grilled meat."

He scrunched up his face, looking down at the avatar with an odd expression. "Stop that. You sound like you're into cannibalism."

Sooyoung looked flabbergasted and immediately retorted, "H-Hey! I just said that it smells like grilled meat! You're putting words in my mouth right now!"

Cale didn't respond to her and simply bent down to pick up the fallen items.

[The item 'Three Ring Loop' has been acquired.]

[The item 'Dragon Jar' has been acquired.]

Sooyoung watched him do so. "... What're you gonna do with those?"

"I'm not giving them to you," he said bluntly.

"Meh. Worth a try."

Cale stepped over the corpse and started walking again, the hem of his white robe stained with a few specks of blood but at this point, he wasn't paying attention.

[Channel '#RU-9013' is currently broadcasting!]

[Channel '#SE-7548' is currently broadcasting!]

[Channel '#PA-5677' is currently broadcasting!]

[Channel '#DI-8823' is currently-]

[Many constellations are watching you.]

He especially did not want to pay attention to the blue notification windows that were present. He could not see Bihyung and Saga's channel anywhere, so they were probably broadcasting another scene.

Cale shrugged it off and decided to continue on his journey.

[Number of kings remaining: 6.]

One more, and then he'll come to support Kim Dokja in the Last King's Qualification battle.

Just then, something appeared in front of his face and made him halt.

[You have received a private message from a constellation!]

[The constellation, 'Benevolent Light of Judgement' says that she had gotten what you requested.]

Sooyoung seemed to be puzzled when he suddenly stopped, unable to see the message as she looked up at him questioningly. Then her curious expression shifted into a creeped-out grimace. The crimson reaper was wearing such a malicious look on his face and she couldn't help but wish that he'd drop her head from his hand immediately.

"... What's up with you...?" she asked hesitantly.

"Change of plans. I have to go somewhere else. You kill the 6th king," he said abruptly, causing her to freeze.

Han Sooyoung was caught off guard, so she was naturally silent for a short while before speaking like he had lost his mind, "Okay, let me get this straight, you want me to kill the 6th king? And you thought that I'd just accept that kind of command, working my ass off and-"

"10.000 coins."

"-it's a crime that you're not crushing my head already. Get on with it."

Cale smirked and blasted the avatar's head off with his lightning bolt.