War of Kings and...? (2)

a/n: why are you still reading this story???

---

Kim Dokja was frozen, his thoughts were racing and his heart was thumping wildly in his chest as he pressed his back on the wall behind him, as if he was trying to sink within it and hide.

From afar, the figure slowly approached closer with small steps, as if this was just a normal morning walk around the park.

Dokja could finally see him properly now. The person was wearing a brown robe, his head covered by a hood. The wind blew, revealing the face of a fairly young man with a fiery shade of orange that seems to glow in the sunlight, the locks falling in artful disarray around his face. His eyes are an intense shade of green, with a piercing gaze and framed by dark lashes, seemingly gleaming with something that made Kim Dokja shiver.

His mind was in shambles. This was not part of the plan, and this was something out of his control. His pupils shook slightly as his mind tried to come up with something, running through every single thing that his mind remembered about Ways of Survival that could possibly help him out of this situation. But all he could think of was one thing.

Yoo Joonghyuk's regression.

If he was Yoo Joonghyuk, he could just die and then proceeded to regress.

But he was not Yoo Joonghyuk.

[The exclusive skill, 'Fourth Wall' is shaking ominously.]

His heart was pounding and his breath hitched in his throat as he heard the footsteps getting closer.

Kim Dokja had expected to die somewhere through the scenarios. He wasn't the main character, he knew that very well. But he didn't expect to die this soon, especially with the knowledge he had of the novel.

He held his breath, bracing as the shadow became closer. And then...

"Boo."

The stranger said with a smile, peeking his head from behind him.

BAM!

A loud noise ensued as the person was practically thrown back, causing dust to fly around in the air.

Kim Dokja flinched, his eyes widening in shock as a familiar teenager stood in front of him.

"Na Bori...?"

She turned to face him, her eyes glowing a bright yellow. Her hair was a long golden blonde, reaching her waist. Meanwhile, her Ruyi Bang seemed to glimmer in her hand.

"Ahjussi! Are you okay?!"

Kim Dokja was still in shock, completely speechless as he tried to process what's going on. He blinked, snapping out of his trance rather quickly. "How did you get here...?"

"Donghoon-ah told us that you were in trouble. Didn't know ya were so weak, ahjussi."

Another familiar teenage voice spoke from behind him, and he turned to see Kim Namwoon with his red eyes narrowing as he stared at the person who was flown back.

"..." Kim Dokja blinked again before shaking his head. "Wait, what about the others?"

"Grumpy ahjussi is fine," Namwoon retorted.

"I'm not talking about him."

"Really? I wouldn't have known."

Dokja let out a deep exasperated sigh. "What about Lee Hyunsung and Lee Jihye?"

This time, Bori responded, "They're okay. They're still with grumpy ahjussi. We ran here as fast as we could so we didn't have time to explain to them. They're most likely still helping with taking over the stations."