The Second Step (3)

"Hyung~ I'm so bored! There's nothing to do!" Kim Namwoon complained beside him, face planting on the bed. Anyone can easily imagine smoke coming out of his head as he groaned, completely out of energy.

Around a day had passed since Cale found out about Na Bori's sponsor, and now, the teenage girl was sitting behind him, braiding his silky black hair with a soft hum of a tune.

Apparently, she really liked soft things, so she asked him for permission. Cale had no reason to refuse and simply nodded.

It's making him a bit sleepy. The way small fingers gently tugged on his hair reminds him of On. The kid also loved playing with it whenever she takes on her human form.

That particular reminder made him smile slightly. He really missed the children.

"Just go to the tunnels and kill something," Cale suggested nonchalantly.

"Ehh," Namwoon lifted his face off the bed, a displeased look on his face. "I would, but you said we don't have to hunt anymore since the meat stock is enough!"

The stoic man raised an eyebrow, genuine confusion etched on his face. "Since when did you listen to people?"

"..."

Kim Namwoon was silent, before planting his face back into the sheets.

Cale's frowned, while Na Bori watched the exchange silently before turning her attention back towards the half-made braid.

'Does Ahjussi really not know that the guy only listens to him?' She wondered, recalling each moment Namwoon had blatantly disrespected other adults and ignoring whatever they said.

"And you, why are you even here anyway?" The teen boy asked her without looking up.

She held back a sigh, slowly getting used to Namwoon's tendency to pick a fight with people. "I'm here because Ahjussi said I can."

There was silence, so she glanced to the side, only to meet Namwoon's glare.

Based on his expression, his thoughts were quite obvious.

'What are you doing? Don't touch hyung. Get away from him. I'll kill you. Get out right now.'

Na Bori smirked and stick out her tongue at him, which made him even angrier, an irk mark appearing on his forehead. But she knew he wouldn't suddenly yell out to threaten her, especially not when Cale was already asleep.

The girl slowly settled Cale down on the bed, the black braids sprawling beautifully while framing his delicate features.

"Woah... Ahjussi is really attractive..." Bori gasped and whispered, looking down on the sleeping man. Well, no one can blame her for admiring a pretty face.

Namwoon scoffed. "Stop staring at him like that, you're being creepy," He said in a quiet voice.

"Pft, you're just jealous he let me play with his hair. If you'd just stop being so prideful, you probably can do it too."

"You—"

Suddenly, someone barged into the tent unannounced, breathing heavily as if they just ran a marathon.

"CA—"

The shout was immediately cut off when the newly arrived man saw the vicious glares from the two teenagers. He could see Cale's sleeping figure and his mouth formed an 'o' shape before mouthing an apology.

"There's a p-person... outside... haa, t-they're coming from the tunnel..." He stuttered out between intakes of breath.

Namwoon and Bori looked at each other simultaneously, one was cautious while the other was confused.