Unraveled Threads (2)

(a/n: scenes from orv will be present in this chapter, bear with me. i just can't skip it bcs it's one of the scenes where kdj's personality shines a lot and they create a good plot point. to make this more interesting, i'll make the chapter longer lol.)

———

There was one thing Cale loved about Kim Dokja as a character.

He was someone who planned ahead. He was a main character who always seemed to know what he was doing. Whether it was devising strategies to overcome obstacles, predicting the actions of others, or scamming people in order to turn the situation in his favor, Kim Dokja's ability to stay several steps ahead was something Cale greatly admired.

But as a real person, Cale found himself drawn to an entirely different aspect of him.

Kim Dokja, who acted cold and ruthless at the beginning of the scenario. Kim Dokja, who became polite and put-together as the story progressed. Kim Dokja, who seemed distant and detached from the world in another pair of eyes that wasn't his.

He, who was once a mere game company employee, spending his time reading just to keep living.

The powerless reader, a loving man who devotes his life to his companions.

So he wondered how detached Kim Dokja must feel to the point that he could possibly stand in front of thousands, rejecting something that people had died for.

"I will never sit on this Absolute Throne."

A terrible silence swept through Gwanghwamun.

...

[The constellation, Sovereign of Eternal Rest is quietly eating his popcorn.]

Cale scrunched up his brows, muttering softly, "Where do you keep getting those snacks...?"

[The constellation, Sovereign of Eternal Rest asks you why.]

[The constellation, Sovereign of Eternal Rest asks you if you want some.]

The man decided to ignore the god as he kept his gaze glued towards the reader who was busy conversing with Paul, an intermediate dokkaebi who (in the novel) was admittedly a pain in the ass.

He narrowed his eyes slightly.

'Would it be possible to straight up kill a dokkaebi?' Either way, he wanted it gone.

There was the sound of thunder in the sky and it started to rain. Light rose from the Absolute Throne to touch the sky. Thick rain clouds swirled around this light. It was a sign of the fifth scenario, the Great Hall.

The scene was going exactly like the novel, with Kim Dokja refusing to sit on the throne, and Paul who persistently tried to make him sit.

[I don't know why you're doing such a thing. Don't you think it will benefit you to gain more coins at this time? Didn't you just use a lot of coins? You should be rewarded. If you don't have the power of the Absolute Throne, the Seoul Dome will never survive the fifth scenario.]

Kim Dokja looked at the Absolute Throne. As the dokkaebi said, the fifth scenario would be difficult to clear without it.

However, he knew what the dokkaebi wasn't saying. If he used this 'Absolute Throne' once, he would never be able to reach the end of the scenarios. In the original work, Yoo Joonghyuk noticed this only at the 41st regression.