The Second Step (4)

'Should I just make a run for it?'

Cale scanned his surroundings, pursing his lips into a thin line as he tried to keep a stoic expression upon watching the group of trouble magnets.

There's Lee Hyunsung who stood in front of Yoo Sangah. He could also see Lee Gilyoung clutching onto the woman's leg. Han Myungoh is currently attempting to stand out, trying to appease Kang Gunwoo who smiled politely but overall staying silent.

Lastly, his gaze landed on Yoo Joonghyuk, and Cale resisted the urge to immediately bolt out of the station then heading into the unknown.

He tried not to stiffen once he saw the piercing yellow eye.

That sunfish bastard (a fitting name, courtesy to Kim Dokja) is using his Sage's Eye on him.

Then he could see a small frown on the protagonist's face. A reasonable response. The guy is probably confused after seeing his unavailable attribute window.

When Cale approached closer alongside Na Bori, Kang Gunwoo's face brightened.

"Cale-nim!" The man called out, causing all attention to turn towards him.

The said person stopped in his tracks. "Is anyone injured?" He asked as he looked at Lee Hyunsung.

"Ah! No, we're not, but thank you for asking," Hyunsung replied as he shyly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hm," Cale hummed, averting his attention towards Lee Gilyoung. "All of you must be hungry. Let's go. We have a lot of food here."

At the mention of food, everyone seemed to be filled with enthusiasm.

"A-Ah, I see you're very generous, Cale-ssi," Han Myungoh suddenly interjected with a wide grin. "How fitting for a leader, really!" He was showering the stoic black haired man with compliments at this point.

Cale spared him a glance before silently walking ahead. He had no desire to involve himself with the likes of Han Myungoh. Usually, he would prefer dealing with persistent people who have an extreme desire for survival and will not hesitate to do whatever it takes to live, but Myungoh's tendency to abandon (such as Kim Dokja—) or drag his party members into trouble (—and Yoo Sangah) doesn't sit well with Cale.

That's exactly why he supports Alberu Crossman being a king, but not Adin.

Han Myungoh seemed flustered at the cold treatment, and the good-natured Yoo Sangah was looking at him as if he deserved it. She could still remember clearly how the man had suddenly carried her across the bridge, leaving Kim Dokja behind without hesitation.

The others quietly followed Cale, and Yoo Joonghyuk's sharp gaze had never left his figure.

The man could feel it and suppressed a shudder. If looks could kill, he would've been dead long ago from the hole at the back of his head.

'Why is he staring so intensely for? Is he thinking of ways to kill me?'

His thoughts were dispersed when Jung Heewon exited the tent of supplies with a heavy box in hand. "Cale-ssi! I heard new survivors arrived so I went to grab some food."

He nodded. "Good work, Heewon-ssi," Cale said before turning towards the rest, looking at each of their faces. "Go take a seat. Heewon-ssi will distribute them to you. Come on, Na Bori."

He more or less had figured out that Yoo Joonghyuk holds some form of hostility towards him, but he also noticed the protagonist gaze that lingered on the teenage girl who stood close to him. Cale can safely assume it's because she's the first and only incarnation of Sun Wukong that Joonghyuk has ever seen. He didn't need Kim Dokja's Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint skill to guess his thoughts.