Beginning of The End (3)

Kim Namwoon fluttered his eyes open once he sensed that the bright light had dissipated. Contrary to his expectation, the so-called teleportation felt oddly warm. He thought it'd make him nauseous. It was simply unfamiliar, not uncomfortable.

The teen observed his surroundings before casually whistling in amazement. The usual bustling environment was empty, it was kind of eerie. Some of the buildings had been destroyed as well.

Just what happened within the past 30 minutes?

Namwoon began taking a few steps forward, eager to have a closer look.

"Careful. There are some monsters lurking around," Cale warned monotonously, as if this sight didn't affect him the slightest.

"I got it, I got it," The white haired boy answered dismissively, waving a hand to reassure the man before giddily rushing towards a fallen debris in the distance.

Cale only watched his back, holding a shudder.

'Only this bastard gets excited after seeing the world in ruins. How vicious.'

"Whoa~ Ahjussi, check this out!" Namwoon exclaimed as he pulled out the black dagger— a generous present from Cale, and stabbed the neck of a creature who lied lifelessly on the ground.

The black haired male winced as he slowly approached.

It was a monster— well, a half dead monster before Namwoon killed it. From the huge scratches on its body, Cale assumed it fought another monster and lost.

Namwoon dragged the dagger aside, completely ripping off the head before holding it upwards to inspect it. "Wah~ This is so cool! It looks kind of ugly though."

Cale rolled his eyes. "What else did you expect from a mons—"

Then he stopped, narrowing his eyes to look at the 'scratches' on the monster's body.

Those scratches... Instead of them being natural, meaning wounds that were caused by claws or teeth, they're too deep, intentional, and were most likely inflicted by sharp weapons, and...

Cale inhaled a sharp breath before scrunching up his nose.

It reeks of rusty iron.

He could only come up with one conclusion. A human had killed this beast. But...

Humans shouldn't be able to kill a monster so early in the scenarios, except for Yoo Joonghyuk.

However, Yoo Joonghyuk is inside that train, and he should be somewhere else by now, so there's no way that guy was the one who did this.

Who could it be? If there was another strong incarnation, how come the book didn't mention them? Is it because Kim Dokja didn't encounter this person?

Or there's another reason. A variable...

"Ahjussi, you okay?" Namwoon asked with a frown, the monster's head was still held up in his hand.

Without changing his expression, Cale responded, "Why? Are you worried?"

The teen scoffed in disbelief. "Ha, no way! Just didn't want you pissing your pants when you've only seen something like this," He retorted, shaking the ugly head.

Cale decided to ignore him and looked around. He raised a brow when he spotted a small supermarket. "Let's head there and stock some food."

"Eh? Why do we need that? Can't we just hunt monsters? We can bring this big guy and cook it!" Namwoon suggested with a happy grin.

The stoic man's face twisted in disgust at the thought of eating something that smelled rusty. "We can hunt monsters soon, and it's always better to be prepared for light snacks. Also, leave it, we should eat something that's killed by our own hands."