War of Kings and...? (1)

[ Where are you going? ]

Cale blinked at the familiar voice before he turned his head to see a floating Saga.

Instead of answering, he asked, "What are you doing here? Aren't you busy managing the channel?"

The dokkaebi merely shrugged. [ I left that to Bihyung, he can handle it. ]

"... Again? Aren't you just slacking off?"

[ Would you be surprised to know where I learned that from? ]

Cale shut himself up after that swift monotonous retort.

He whipped his head back to look at the road. For a moment, he stayed silent before the edge of his lips quirked up into a sly smile. "Saga, dokkaebis are creatures with the most knowledge about the world, right?"

Saga blinked and answered carefully, [ Yes...? ]

"Good. I need you to tell me one thing."

Saga frowned in confusion but nodded nonetheless. [ If it's something that I am not forbidden to say, I'll tell you. What is it? ]

The man's smile widened.

• • •

"You know, I feel like I've seen that handsome Oppa's face somewhere," Lee Jihye commented through their walk, a hand holding the hilt of the sword on her shoulder.

Kim Namwoon scrunched up his brows. "Which Oppa are you talking about?"

At his confusion, Na Bori could only smack him lightly on the back. "Obviously Cale Ahjussi, idiot."

Namwoon scowled. "How was I supposed to know? Besides, aren't I more handsome than hyung?" The boy retorted, a sly smirk on his face as he puts two fingers under his chin, creating a check mark to complete his so-called handsome pose.

Lee Jihye and Na Bori merely responded to him with blank stares.

"Anyone who likes you more than Cale Oppa has extremely bad taste," Jihye replied, turning away from him so she can stay close to her master.

Kim Namwoon's jaw dropped in disbelief before looking towards Na Bori, asking for backup. However, the girl only shrugged and went to follow her best friend.

He could hear glass cracking in the background.

"Yah! Take that back! Come back here, you traitor!" Namwoon shouted as he quicken his steps to not fall behind.

In the front, Yoo Joonghyuk clicked his tongue at the teenagers' antics. "Noisy."

Beside him, Lee Hyunsung chuckled. "That's how kids are, Joonghyuk-ssi. Dokja-ssi and Cale-ssi are really good at taking care of them. I feel like they secretly have a soft spot for children."

Yoo Joonghyuk stayed silent, but internally, he pitied the innocent Hyunsung.

'Kim Dokja and Cale Henituse only took them in because they're useful, just like I did when I took in Lee Jihye. No one has any need for additional baggage when the world is ending.'

He kept his thoughts inside. Joonghyuk is a blunt person who won't hesitate to speak the truth (if it's not regarding his feelings), but he decided to not burst Hyunsung's little bubble. It was unnecessary, and it might preserve Dokja and Cale's image in the others' eyes.

"We're almost there," Yoo Joonghyuk announced, then the party immediately prepared their stances and weapons.

He's near to completing the King's Scenario.