The Second Step (2)

Inside the tent, Jung Heewon and Na Bori were both sitting on the bed. Someone had pulled a chair for Cale who sat down with his arms and legs crossed. He was observing them closely, a blank look on his face.

The two women glanced at each other, silently wondering which one of them should speak.

"Um, thank you for healing us, Cale Henituse-ssi," Heewon decided to talk first, a grateful yet sheepish smile on her face.

Cale waved his hand dismissively. "Just call me Cale, and the ones who healed you are the others, not me."

"I know, but still, they said you were the one who prepared the right cure and medicine in case something like this happened. So thank you."

Both of them bowed their head.

He frowned, but didn't say anything. It's better to just accept the words of thanks rather than argue about it.

Cale relented with a sigh.

"Alright, and if you don't mind me asking... How did you end up in that state?"

He questioned, though he doesn't seem to be much interested. It felt more of a polite gesture than anything, but the two appreciate it nonetheless. However, he really is curious about what got them into this predicament.

Na Bori chuckled awkwardly while rubbing her neck before answering, "That... we were running from monsters and we didn't know the area was poisoned, so..."

"Were you two together from the start?"

"Ah, no. Heewon-unnie found me on the streets. I was alone and..." The teen paused, taking a deep shaky breath and Cale didn't miss the sorrow in her gaze.

Jung Heewon reached out to grab her hand and squeezed it gently to provide comfort. "Excuse me, Cale-ssi. I'm sorry, but I don't think she would like to recall about that for now..."

"I understand." He nodded. "Then, both of you get some rest. You can ask anyone here if you need anything."

Cale was about to stand up and walk out before he could hear a reply.

He's definitely not trying to run away and avoid them like a plague, nope.

He simply doesn't want to get involved with the main characters and get involved into all sorts of troubles.

However...

"Hyung!"

A cheerful boisterous voice called out to him from outside the tent.

"I'm here."

Kim Namwoon entered with a grin. He completely ignored the others and approached the black haired man.

"Hyung, I got a lot of coins from my hunt today! Here, I'll give them to you."

Cale sighed. "Namwoon-ah, didn't I tell you to keep them? You can't just give your coins to others. It's the only relevant currency right now. You'll be needing a lot of them in the future so you can live peacefully."

He's not that shameless to take coins from a child, especially when Namwoon worked so hard for it.

Besides, at this moment, Cale has enough coins to last for a life time. He's probably the richest incarnation, courtesy to the constellations.

"Aish, it's fine! Plus, ya never go out to hunt. You can't gain coins if you do that, so just let me give them to you!"

Kim Namwoon seemed persistent about it, so Cale could only give in and accept. It doesn't make him feel less iffy about it though.