Beginning of The End (2)

It happened a few days ago when they were about to destroy the temples.

Everyone who worked under the red-haired commander were ready to raze the holy building to the ground, until the gate suddenly opened and they got teleported to what seemed to be a god's domain based on what Cage and Jack had said.

"Come out and tell us where Cale Henituse is, you motherf*cker!" The ex-priestess cursed out loud into the void.

The pope of the Sun God placed his hand on her shoulder gently to calm her down. "Cage," Jack said softly, but anyone could hear the slight venom in his voice. He's also very much disturbed by the disappearance of a friend.

All of them were prepared to attack. The swordmasters raised their aura-covered swords menacingly, Rosalyn and the dragons' mana were fluctuating in the air, the beast people were on the edge of going berserk, and Alberu was holding himself back from transforming Taerang into a large-caliber gun.

There was only silence.

Just as they were about to do something...

"Everyone, halt."

A sudden stifling voice suddenly spoke, and they immediately went to cover their ears- which didn't do much. Upon hearing the voice, their knees began to shake, but they did not falter.

Even under the mercy of a god, if it's for Cale Henituse, they're willing to fight against the heavens.

God of Death internally sighed upon watching the glares directed to the void.

The three gods decided to not show themselves. It wouldn't do any good appearing in front of the mortals. Simply hearing their voices would cause an extreme effect, and they didn't dare hurt Cale's companions even by accident.

However, it's a whole different thing if they're revealing themselves to Cale. That guy can somehow be able to look at a god in the eye without blinking.

"Bring back our esteemed legend!" Clopeh demanded in his commanding voice, fury in his emerald green eyes and his nails almost drew blood.

"You know where he is, don't you? Tell us," Hannah hissed through her gritted teeth, trembling but still holding her sword upright.

Rasheel glowered, his sharp glare deepening. "Where the f*ck is he? Say something so I can go back to sleep, damn it!"

This time, the Sun God answered.

"Cale Henituse is safe."

That answer made them feel relieved, but they haven't let their guard down just yet.

"What happened to him?" Alberu asked cautiously, his usual bright smile could no longer be seen on his face.

Unbeknownst to the others, God of Death and the Sun God simultaneously looked at the God of War, urging him to speak.

God of War only cursed them silently before replying, "If you remember the Sealed God test, this situation is similar to that. The hunters have thrown him in a faraway world, almost out of our reach. Thankfully, we managed to pull him back in time." After finishing his explanation, he glared at the God of Death. There was no way he's going to be the one who says the next part. Might as well throw it to the one who's actually responsible for this.

God of Death exhaled for the second time. "I have successfully communicated with Cale. However, we cannot bring him back yet."

When the others were about to protest, he continued as if he never noticed.

"Bringing someone from thousands of worlds away would require a great amount of divine power and sacrifices of probability. We must gather our strength first before we can return him. If not, it could possibly endanger his safety. The more power we gather, the safer it will be for him."