Unfulfilled Role (3)

A reader.

A protagonist.

And a writer.

This story is about them, and Cale knew.

When he thought about it, it's a bit funny. One was willing to sacrifice himself for his companions, another one is willing to sacrifice anything to save the world, while the other is willing to sacrifice the world for that one person.

Later on, they realized that the sacrificial bastard is the world they wish to save.

Truth to be told, Cale didn't have to do this. He'd rather roll around on the bed for 50 whole years instead of involving himself in the characters' conflicts. It was none of his business and he didn't like doing bothersome things. But...

Kim Dokja's frail image overlapped with a young Kim Rok Soo, and Cale chuckled bitterly. Perhaps this is why he couldn't bring himself to leave.

He, too, wishes to save the person suffering in the book he read, just like how he wished someone would save him back then.

To him, this was a selfish act.

Cale hated the ending of this story. Because in the end, unlike him, Kim Dokja was never saved.

He felt a breeze brushing past him and heard the wind elementals talking.

'Cale, Cale! There are a lot of people inside!'

'Right. They're in every corner!'

'Just like you said, we blocked all the exits!'

'What are you planning to do?'

'Chaos. Peace. Destruction. Let's just destroy everything!'

Cale smiled underneath his hood. "Do you remember what you've done to prevent people from getting into the wind island?"

'We do, we do!'

'It was fun dancing around!'

He nodded in satisfaction. "Good. Let's do that again."

'E-Eh? Really?'

'Let's do it!'

'DESTROOOOYYYYYYY!'

The elementals cheered as they began to move.

It started as small. Wind slightly picking up within the station. Some people who felt it frowned in confusion. After all, they were underground. There's no way there would be wind here all of a sudden.

"Hey... Where is this wind coming from?" A man asked the person beside him, his tone turning wary. "Is this a hidden scenario?"

"I'm not sure... It's getting stronger too," Another replied, narrowing his eyes.

"A-Ack! That hurt!" Someone not too far away yelped loudly and raised his arm. There was a neat wound on his skin as blood dripped to the floor.

The people nearby stared in shock. They couldn't properly register it yet.

However...

Ding!

+

[??? Scenario – Unexpected Occurrence]

Category: ???

Difficulty: ???

Clear Conditions: Kill the person behind the massacre attempt or escape.

Time Limit: 20 minutes.

Compensation: ???

Failure: ???