Unfulfilled Role (4)

Clang!

An empty bottle of beer that was probably owned by someone in the station shatters to pieces after Kim Dokja accidentally knocked them down.

"Dokja-ssi!"

Someone called out to him in concern, but he wasn't paying any attention as he stared deeply at the scattered glass.

He had a bad feeling for some reason, and moreso as he immediately thought of Cale.

'... Is that bastard okay? He's alone out there. What if something happens to him?'

His frown deepened.

In all honesty, he wasn't sure why he cared so much. It hasn't been that long since he first met Cale Henituse, but still, that man is someone he talked to before the apocalypse. Cale treated him like how someone would treat a friend. Their relationship is unlike his with Yoo Sangah— although they had warm interactions, they weren't close considering Sangah is practically untouchable when they were still co-workers. However, with Cale, since they're fellow readers with the same taste, it wasn't difficult to talk about something they both have an interest in.

In short, Cale is probably the only one he considers as an... almost friend.

Kim Dokja couldn't help but feel worry about the stupid person with zero sense of danger.

When he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned around to meet the concerned gaze of now-conscious Jung Heewon.

"Dokja-ssi, are you alright?"

"Ah, I'm okay. I was just thinking."

She raised an eyebrow. "About?"

"Cale."

[The constellation ‘Prisoner of the Golden Headband’ is satisfied.]

[100 coins have been sponsored.]

He ignored that message.

"I see." Heewon nodded slowly with an understanding smile. "Well, Cale-ssi can be quite worrying, can't he? But... he'll be okay. We're going to meet him again, I'm sure of it."

Even after her attempt to comfort, the swirling uneasiness in his chest didn't disappear as he looked at the blue window that's been showing up for a while.

[There are 1 hour and 30 minutes before the third scenario is activated.]

He can't lose his composure at a time like this.

'Cale, you better survive, you little punk.'

• • •

Saga watched the other dokkaebis run around in panic. The atmosphere was tense, but his blank expression made it seem as if he wasn't fazed by the sight.

To sum up the whole situation, Bureau, the administration that manages the whole Star Stream, is in chaos.

He didn't know of the details, but based on the conversations he heard from other dokkaebis, there was apparently a mysterious figure that committed a massacre. Usually, something like that would be ignored since it wasn't an uncommon event, and some constellations enjoy that type of stuff, but the ones who got killed are the 'prophets'. People which the stream deemed as special cases.

Moreover, the power that this unknown person displayed was... out of this world.

It was something that made even the big nebulas feel cautious.

'Can a mere incarnation do that? There's no way this person is normal,' Saga thought, but his mind suddenly remembered someone.