War of Kings and...? (3)

It happened in a flash. Na Bori's eyes widened when a pair of arms carried her and Namwoon away from the sudden attack, and she looked up in horror. Her heart stopped in her chest.

There was an arrow plunged through Kim Dokja's chest from the back.

"Yah! Ahjussi!" She and Namwoon exclaimed frantically, hands grasping onto Dokja's shoulder and arm as he scurried the teens to safety.

Kim Namwoon's wide eyes became furious as he glared and seethed at the unknown man who was smiling at them as if he had done no wrong. "YOU BASTARD!"

Kim Dokja faltered and fell down, using his own body so the two can land safely. He was panting and wincing slightly, a small sweat dripping down his forehead.

[The exclusive skill, 'Fourth Wall' has nullified most of your pain.]

"I'm fine..." He grunted, his hand reaching out for the arrow that had plunged itself into him.

With furrowed brows, Namwoon snapped, "What do you mean you're fine?! You just got stabbed!"

Dokja shook his head. "It didn't hit any vital points." That was all he said before he groaned, pulling the arrow out of his chest. "Urgh-!"

As Dokja pulled the arrow out, a surge of pain shot through his body, causing him to grit his teeth. Blood trickled from the wound, staining his clothes, but he remained calm. He needed to get Bori and Namwoon out of here.

"Ahjussi, you can't just brush it off like that!" Bori's voice trembled with worry, her hands shaking as she reached out to touch his injured chest.

Dokja weakly pushed her hand away, his expression grim. "We have to focus on escaping. I'll be fine." He mustered a reassuring smile, despite the pain radiating through his body.He cursed internally. The fourth wall had eased most of the pain, but for some reason, the arrow hurt more than what he had expected.

Namwoon's anger simmered. "But how do we run? I don't think this bastard will let us off easily," he said, his voice dripping with venom as he glared at the unknown man who had attacked them.

The assailant chuckled lightly, seemingly unaffected by the whole situation. "Why are you looking at me like that? You should feel honored for witnessing this sight, the person that this universe revolves around, so helpless and cornered... It's like seeing the downfall of a god. Isn't that the greatest privilege you could ever hope for from this world?"

The teenagers' eyes narrowed. They didn't understand what this man was talking about, and they didn't want to. Their first priority now was to get out of there alive.

Bori placed Dokja's arm around her shoulder, her free hand holding up her staff as she emitted a mesmerizing golden glow. Meanwhile, Namwoon readied his dagger and activated his stigma, his body radiating a murderous blood red aura.

The teens moved as one and dashed away from the attacker.

But, it was too late.

The man shook his head and blocked their way with an invisible barrier. The pressure pushed against them with such force, throwing them backwards.

The mysterious stranger chuckled playfully, not missing a beat. "Running? What a classic move. I mean, if it were only that easy to walk away from your issues, I wouldn't be here, making all this effort!"

"Shut up!" Namwoon scowled, his voice trembling with anger. "Who the fuck are you?"

They were only greeted by his laughter.

"You really want to know who I am? How about this: close your eyes, and say my name three times."

The assailant smiled, as if he found this amusing.