Coincidence or Fate? (1)

(a/n: i just changed the title and re-updated it. you can scroll to the next chap!)

Cale could only stare at the red meteorite in bewilderment.

It was... small. Smaller than what he had expected based on the dragon's description from the novel, at least.

"You..."

His calm gaze shifted towards Han Donghoon, who flinched at the call of his own name.

"Donghoon-ssi, how did you get this?"

"I..." The boy was silent for a moment, contemplating how he should explain.

"Cale Ahjussi." Donghoon lifted his head, finding the courage to look at the man straight in the eyes. "You know of the prophets, right?"

Cale blinked at the unexpected question, his expression unchanging. Then he nodded silently

At this, Donghoon bit his lip. "They... They're planning to keep this meteorite until it breaks, saying that it contains high leveled artifacts. But..." His averted his gaze, slightly furrowing his eyebrows. "But those people were suspicious."

The young man's stoic face cracked slightly.

"Those people?"

Donghoon nodded.

"Some strange group approached us in the base and made a deal. They said they're the... 'real prophets' and would help with future scenarios before asking for some items once the meteorite cracks. The others agreed, but the group-" He hesitated, biting his inner cheek, "They talked in the tent and didn't know my consciousness is still intact even when I was hypnotized. They said they were going to steal the meteorite and... get rid of something, or someone, I don't remember, but I know for certain that they're people with bad intentions."

'What...?'

Cale's eyes widened slightly.

'This is the only time I've ever witnessed him talk a lot, even in the novel.'

Anyways, that's not the issue right now.

"And how did it come in your possession?"

"The prophets gave it to me and told me to put it in my inventory the first day I was hypnotized." The teen shrugged, and he didn't see how the older man's gaze sharpened.

'Those f*cking bastards used him to store such a dangerous thing?'

Sure, they didn't know, but it changes nothing. What if the meteorite suddenly cracked? Wouldn't that put Han Donghoon at risk? Though Cale doubted they would care about someone that they regarded as a mere fictional character.

"Then, what do you need my help with?"

"I..." Donghoon's cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. "I don't know. Hide it? I'm not sure... I'm guessing they'll try to find me to get it, but I'm not worried about them." He frowned. "I'm more worried about... that group. Please. I have a bad feeling. Just- please help me so they can't find it."

Although Cale's face was blank, he was surprised at the determination within the other's eyes.

"Hm... Donghoon-ssi, do you know what this is?"

He pointed at the ominous red item.

The teen tilted his head in confusion. "A... meteorite with high leveled artifacts...?"

"It's a dragon," He replied nonchalantly.

Han Donghoon's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. "... Pardon?"

"You know, The Fire Dragon? Igneel? The one who controls lava and breathes fire?"

Cale had dropped the bomb so casually that Donghoon seemed to malfunction for a brief moment.