Strange Things Just Happen (1)

Jung Heewon is a woman with a strong sense of justice. She's willing to risk anything if it means she could save people. Her bright personality and fiery spirit would naturally attract many others. Perhaps that's why Demon-like Judge of Fire had chosen her as her incarnation. They're similar in a lot of ways.

Cale didn't think too much of it at first, but in the novel, at this moment, she has yet to obtain a constellation sponsor, but...

+

[ Target Information ]

Name: Jung Heewon

Age: 27 years old

Constellation Sponsor: Demon-like Judge of Fire

Private Attribute: Crouching Figure (General)

Exclusive skills: Demon Slayer Lv. 1, Kendo Lv. 2.

Stigmata: Hell Flames Ignition

Overall Stats: Stamina Lv. 7, Strength Lv. 6, Agility Lv. 8, Magic Power Lv. 5.

Overall Evaluation: She was a ‘crouching figure’ with enormous potential. The attribute information wasn’t verified yet because the attribute hadn’t blossomed.

+

He discreetly eyed the words of Constellation Sponsor and thought to himself.

'Just what happened that made her got chosen early by Uriel, a relatively strong constellation?'

He contemplated about it for a bit before shrugging.

Well, it shouldn't matter much, really. As long as everything about the main characters follow the storyline, he doesn't have to worry about anything. Plus, isn't this good news for Kim Dokja and his party? They have a stronger Jung Heewon with them now.

They'll reach the end of scenarios sooner. He only has to ride on their backs and go home.

'Except...'

Cale could see Kim Dokja talking with Lee Hyunsung, and the former chuckled lightly at what the soldier had said. He seemed okay, and dare he'd say— happy.

Conflict briefly flashed in the hidden redhead's brown eyes.

He didn't like this at all.

Sure, he planned to help them a bit from the shadows, but now, he has this stupid urge to involve himself because of his own volition and something else, a pressure that came from knowing Kim Dokja before the apocalypse and having a civil relationship with him.

Cale doesn't like working, but he also wouldn't like watching his... (friend? acquaintance?) suffer.

He really is unlucky.

Maybe that's why he's doing this.

As instructed, Kang Gunwoo approached Kim Dokja. "Excuse me, Kim Dokja-ssi, are you perhaps willing to sell those food?"

The man raised his eyebrows, glancing down at the bag on the floor beside him. "Oh, you... want to buy this?"

'Instead of blatantly asking them for everyone's survival, you want to actually pay?' goes unsaid.

"Ahaha, yes, if you don't mind," Gunwoo chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Cale-nim would like to buy them with his money so we can distribute them to everyone. Is that okay?"

Cale was too far away to hear their conversation, so he didn't know that a misunderstanding occurred.

To be fair, it wasn't his money. They're coins from Cheon Inho's group that was massacred around a week ago and Namwoon was the one who had them, so it's practically that guy's money, not his.