Unfulfilled Role (2)

'Hm...?'

Cale groggily opened his eyes with a small groan. His whole body felt extremely sore and heavy, but he wasn't falling. He felt someone tightening their hold around his waist, and he realized that he was leaning against them for support, an arm limply placed on their shoulder.

"You're finally awake." A chuckle came from beside him, and Cale gazed hazily towards the person who's putting on a signature shit-eating grin.

"Kim Dokja...?" He rasped out weakly. His throat felt dry. How long has it been since he last drank something?

"Don't speak," Another familiar voice came from behind him. The man had spoken sternly, and it was fairly easy to recognize it.

"Yoo Joong— cough!"

Dokja frowned. "Hey, we told you to not speak," He reprimanded, and Cale naturally ignored him.

"Wh- What happened...?"

Kim Dokja turned his attention back on the road and sighed. Instead of answering the question, he commented, "You're a really reckless— no, you're a crazy bastard, you know that?"

Cale's expression twisted in confusion. "What are you talking abou—?"

"Look out!" Yoo Joonghyuk's urgent voice warned them just as the hidden redhead caught the sight of glistening steel under the sunset.

Through the sudden adrenaline, he tried to move, but his body was too weak and the sharp arrow was approaching fast. He widened his eyes when he felt a strong push, and his hair fluttered in the wind, but between the long strands, he caught sight of the steel piercing Kim Dokja's chest as blood splattered in the air like rose petals.

"KIM DOKJA—!"

Gasp!

Cale abruptly sat up, his heart pounding wildly as he tried catching his breath. Cold sweats adorned his forehead, dripping down his chin and onto the cold floor. His head throbs and he gently massaged his forehead. "Ow, what the hell... What was that?"

It was a dream. Well, more of a nightmare, actually.

Something cold nudged his other hand, and he looked down to see the water rabbit watching him in concern.

— Cale, are you okay?

Super Rock's voice echoed in his head, followed by Cheapskate.

— Ya know, I'm all in for wrecking stuff, but I still think this might be a bad idea. And that's coming from me!

— He's right. Will you be fine? Maybe you should've stayed with the others...

The Thief interjected worriedly.

Cale shakes his head. "I'm okay. It's not like I can just leave and disappear."

— But doing this is a bit... I'm just concerned whether you'll really be able to. If it's destroying multiple castles, then fine. However, this isn't something you've ever done before!

— I-I agree with the Thief. *Sob* You shouldn't p-push yourself, Cale! *Sooob*

— JUST WALK THE #### BACK TO THEM! YOU'RE ####### SMART! DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID!

Cale sighed.

'Noisy.'

He decided to internally mute the loud voices. Besides, he's not dumb enough to jump blindly into danger without proper plans that he can guarantee will work out.

"Come on," He said to the water bunny. "You can be my eyes and ears, can't you?"

The bunny hopped through the air and landed on his shoulders, its ears twitching in delight.