Strange Things Just Happen (2)

Kim Dokja was absolutely stupefied.

'Where the f*ck did these powerful kids come from?'

He eyed the underground rats who lied limp, obviously dead. Meanwhile, Kim Namwoon and Na Bori stood tall over them, wiping a few sweats with twinning grins. Both of them had killed the monsters with so much ease, he's incredibly flabbergasted. The woman, Jung Heewon, was the same. Although she wasn't as brutal as the two, she still seemed experienced.

Dokja glanced at everyone's respective weapons that were given by Cale (—He had no idea where the guy had gotten so much good quality weapons). Sangah, Hyunsung, and Myungoh were holding a spear, Gilyoung had an axe, Namwoon is casually swinging his dagger, Bori didn't even pull out her weapon (Did she fight with her bare hands, whatthef*ck-), while he and Heewon had swords.

On a side note, Cale had also given him a knife made out of the spine of a ground rat??? 'A precaution,' the younger man said.

"I killed 17," Namwoon bragged, snapping him out of his thoughts and flashing a smug look towards the teen girl.

Bori stared at him, unimpressed. "18 for me. I win." She smirked.

His jaw dropped, forming an offended expression as his eyebrows furrowed. "Oi, you were damn lucky! The difference is just one number!"

"One number higher than you."

"Why you—!"

Heewon quickly grabbed the back of his collar before he could lunge at her. "Aigo, these kids... Namwoon-ssi, didn't Cale-ssi tell you to behave? Would you like me to tell him that you fought Bori-ya and disobeyed him? Hmm?" She asked in a challenging manner.

It irked Namwoon greatly, but at the mention of his hyung, he reluctantly backed down. His annoyed look was replaced by a scowl. On the other hand, Na Bori seemed satisfied.

"And Bori-ya, no mocking and provoking him. I can report about that to Cale-ssi too," Heewon added before letting go of Namwoon.

The girl pouted and nodded obediently.

Bori and Namwoon ended up in a vicious staring contest as they quietly followed Lee Gilyoung who was leading the team with the help of his insect.

Lee Hyunsung approached the sword-wielding woman, scratching his cheek awkwardly. "Is it always like this...?"

"Everyday." Jung Heewon sighed. "I honestly have no idea how Cale-ssi managed to keep them under control."

"He must be a great guardian," Sangah commented, watching the children with a fond look in her eyes, and Heewon nodded enthusiastically in agreement.

Soon enough, Kim Dokja decided to ask, "Heewon-ssi, how did Cale manage to be the leader and pick up the kids?"

"Ah..." Her gaze drifted towards the dark ceiling thoughtfully. "Honestly, I have no clue about the first one. He's been the leader ever since I arrived. Namwoon, too. I heard they came to the station together to get rid of a tyrannical group or something. Bori-ya arrived with me, but she got attached to Cale-ssi ever since they met."

"I see..." Dokja slowly nodded, processing the newfound information. "What about Donghoon-ssi?"

"Pft. Bori told me Cale-ssi found him and brought him here, but I know he got kidnapped."

He blinked. "...Excuse me?"

Heewon smiled, patting him on the shoulder. "Just don't think too much of it," She said before walking ahead of him.

'How can I not think too much of it?! He's one of the Seven Kings!'

[ The exclusive skill, 'Fourth Wall' has offset some of your mental shock. ]