The Second Step (1)

'This doesn't make any sense.'

Kim Dokja scanned around the train.

[Survivors from the 3434 Train to Bulgwang, Carriage 3807: Kim Dokja, Lee Hyunsung, Yoo Sangah, Han Myungoh and Lee Gilyoung. A total of five survivors.]

He shouldn't be complaining that more people survived than expected, but in Ways of Survival, the only people who survived in this compartment are Lee Hyunsung and Kim Namwoon.

However, the latter was nowhere to be seen.

"How is this possible...?" He muttered under his breath.

Kim Namwoon should undoubtedly be here. That guy always survived the first scenario in each of Yoo Joonghyuk's regression turns, possibly killing many people in this carriage to live.

Yoo Sangah, who misunderstood his words, smiled warmly at him. "We survived because of you, Dokja-ssi."

"Ah..." Kim Dokja shook his head, waving at her to dismiss the words. "No, that was a coincidence. It won't happen a second time."

The brunette woman nodded, but she doesn't seem to believe he threw the grasshopper box at her direction unintentionally.

With Lee Gilyoung clutching onto one of his legs, The Dokkaebi Bihyung began to explain the process of choosing a sponsor.

'Let's forget about Kim Namwoon for now. The most important thing is to clear the scenarios.'

He firmly brushed away all his suspicions before proceeding to the next step.

Kim Dokja just hadn't anticipated for his next step to be an unfriendly meeting with the protagonist and escaping out of an ichthyosaurs.

• • •

Present time...

A day had passed ever since the bloody incident. Everyone had pretty much returned to normal and they seemed to have accepted Cale's words quite easily. People were scared of Namwoon (the boy wasn't complaining, he liked it better this way), but they treated the other man with the utmost respect.

Naturally, they regarded him as the leader. However, the said person knew none of this. He simply stayed in his tent, giving out orders and useful tips every time someone came for advice.

Food isn't going to be short anytime soon, because he instructed Kim Namwoon to hunt. The teen reluctantly obliged and immediately dragged people along. They must fight for their own food if they want to eat. Why would they give anything to those who only sit back and do nothing?

In short, people were satisfied. The situation definitely does not call for a joyful occasion, but being under Cale Henituse was better than the previous group of inhumane bastards.

"Henituse-nim?" A woman's voice called out to him.

"Hm?" The black haired man rubbed his eyes, getting rid of his sleepiness.

To no one's knowledge, he had been excessively planning on what to do about Yoo Joonghyuk.

'Avoiding him isn't possible.'

He's currently within the region of the second scenario, getting aboveground isn't preferable. Also, he's trying to help Kim Dokja, so running away won't do.

Aside from that, Cale realized that he had promised these people that he'll at least assist them for a bit so they can survive a little longer. He knows they're not his responsibilities, but he's not the type to turn back on his own words.

'It should be fine, right? Yoo Joonghyuk didn't kill Cheon Inho and his group in the novel even though they're trash. But... isn't that only because Yoo Joonghyuk knows Cheon Inho from his previous regressions? Then what will happen once he sees me, a person he had never seen before in his past regressions?'