Strange Things Just Happen (3)

Han Donghoon stayed frozen, while the red dragon stared at him intensely, gaze trailing from his head to toe as if its evaluating him.

Slowly, Igneel crawled away from Cale, and Donghoon flinched when the creature began circling him a few times before wagging its tail happily.

"Kyang!" It said and quickly leaped into the boy's arms. Thankfully, the latter had pretty good reflexes to catch it in time.

"Oof—!" Donghoon wasn't sure what to do. He could only stand still in bewilderment with parted lips.

"I think he recognized you," Cale commented nonchalantly. "Since you kept him when he was inside the meteorite and all."

Igneel beamed and Donghoon laughed nervously, "Ahaha... Right..."

He watched as the dragon flew back to Cale, settling around the man's neck comfortably. Cale doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

"So it really is a dragon..." Donghoon muttered, walking closer to sit on the bed.

The young man nodded. "It is, though it's going to be real bothersome to keep him."

"Why? Because it's dangerous?"

Cale scrunched up his nose. "No, I just hate attention."

No doubt, having a disaster around would rise the constellations' interest towards him considering how attached Igneel seems to be.

Of course, it's still dangerous despite only being a baby dragon so he plans to return it as soon as possible.

'There's a place for dragons in the novel, right?' He began pondering, but after digging through his memories, the book didn't specify where dragons live. They just appeared in the Great War of Saints and Demons as materials for the scenario, something to be disposed of.

Having another dragon by his side again would be great for his protection. Dragons are mighty creatures, an existence above everything else with only gods as exceptions. But keeping it would also mean getting tangled up in everything that's going to happen in this world. Cale would rather not do that more than he already has.

'Should I just give it to Kim Dokja?'

However, he quickly dispersed the thought.

'No, he's a person with clear objectives and very awful when it comes to improvisation. The guy would have no idea what to do with it.'

He sighed and finally looked at Han Donghoon again. "I can take care of him until we figure out how to get him home."

"Okay," the teen hesitantly nodded at his suggestion after looking at Igneel one last time.

'He doesn't seem like he wants to leave Cale Ahjussi, though?' Donghoon thought.

"Then, why did you come look for me?" Cale asked, reminding himself that there must be a reason why the other entered his tent in the first place.

"Ah! Right! The hunting groups returned. They've restocked the meat already."

"What about Kim Dokja's group?"

"They're here as well, I told them you're sleeping so they said they'll just wait until you wake up. They also brought magic stoves to cook the monsters meat with. Dokja Ahjussi said he found it on the way."

'Found it on the way, my ass. You know exactly where it is,' Cale grumbled internally.

"I see. They're all waiting?"

"Mhm. They're already cooking. We're all just waiting for you right now," Donghoon smiled, subconsciously flashing the small dimples on his cheeks.

Cale sighed, dragging himself out of the bed. "Let's get going then."