Chapter Fifty- Eight. Beautiful

Start from the beginning

"Aish," Jin giggled a little as his boyfriend gave him a knowing snirk and another smooch on the cheek. Then suddenly, he remembered another thing and turned to Ms Soojin again. "But eomma, what will happen to your job?"

"I quit two days after I returned to Bangtan, sweetie," Ms Soojin said in an unbothered tone. "And it won't be too hard to find a job somewhere here-"

"You're already hired to work at my company," Mr Kim said quickly, grinning more like a young man in love than a stressed middle-aged businessman as he held out his card to Ms Soojin.

"Thank you," Ms Soojin said through a tight-lipped smile as she accepted the card, looking like she was anything but pleased. "But I want to prove myself before you decide whether I'm suitable or not."

The boys rolled their eyes as Namjoon's samchon determinedly continued to flirt with Jin's eomma, who rejected his advances everytime without even blinking once. Namjoon couldn't help but compare the two with him and Jin when they first became friends. They've come so far from that time... it was almost amazing to think of now.

Namjoon's heart swelled with happiness when he remembered the time when he was just a sophomore, crushing over the school's heartthrob, who now lay on top of him and held onto him so tightly. It was so strange to think how much things have changed with time... so overwhelming.

He pressed a kiss to Jin's cheek, earning the most beautiful smile in the world, and a weight on his shoulder as Jin rested his head there.

However, after a while, he sat up and slowly moved out of Namjoon's lap, crawling to the edge so that his legs hung off the bed and dangled just above the floor. His sudden movement made everyone look at him with concern.

"Jin, honey, do you need something?" Ms Soojin asked him, cautious of every movement her son made.

"No... but I feel stinky," Jin said with a pout, making everyone coo at him.

"Do you wanna take a bath, babe?" Namjoon asked with a smile as he moved to sit beside him.

"Please." Jin nodded, huffing. "But... I don't think I can walk around on my own."

"That's why you have a lovely boyfriend to carry you around," Namjoon said with a chuckle, adoration in his eyes.

"Will you do that?" Jin asked, a little hopeful.

"If you want me to." Namjoon pecked his forehead. "Do you need my help to clean you, though?"

"N-no... I can manage on my own," Jin said quickly, blushing hard at the very thought of his very manly boyfriend bathing him. "Can you just, uh, stick around in case I need something?"

"Without a doubt," Namjoon smiled, unaware of his baby's thoughts as he watched Ms Soojin take off Jin's IV tube for the time being.

Once his hand was freed from the connection with the tubes, Jin made grabby hands at Namjoon, who smiled like a dork at the other's adorableness as he picked him up and got up, carrying him bridal style to the bathroom in the room effortlessly, the others cooing at the two's sweet moment, though they'd usually tease them.

The door to the bathroom was open and Namjoon got in while still carrying Jin, who'd his arms wrapped around his shoulders, legs dangling in midair, as if he weighted of nothing but a feather.

Namjoon had carried him so many times, but he'd never felt so light and easy to lift up as now. He took a mental note to make sure Jin gained back the weight he'd lost from all that had happened the past week and become healthy and in perfect shape again.

Namjoon was going to make Jin sit on a chair in the corner to prepare the water in the tub, but as he was about to walk past the mirror above the sink, Jin started wiggling in his arms. Namjoon stopped in front of the mirror, and following the other's gaze, he found him staring at his own reflection.

"What is it, Jinnie?" Namjoon asked gently, feeling that he knew why Jin was looking at himself with such interest.

"I wanna see myself," Jin answered, his voice a little unsteady.

Getting the message, Namjoon gently lowered him and helped him stand on the cold dry floor of the bathroom while facing the mirror. His legs shook a little because of weakness, and he leaned forward and held onto the sink to keep his balance, Namjoon holding him by the waist to keep him in place.

Namjoon saw the unshed tears glistening in Jin's eyes as he looked at himself, reaching a shaky hand to trace a finger on the glass. Jin's hair was gone, cut from almost the scalp, and he saw the two cuts that'd been stitched clearly on the sides of his head.

Jin felt so unattractive for the first time in his life, and Namjoon could understand what he was feeling, though he'd never agree with him. Despite his shaved head, stitched cuts, dark circles, red eyes, grayish skin and skinny legs, Namjoon still found nothing but beauty in the marred features.

He leaned from behind Jin, hugging him close with his large hands wrapped over the latter's tummy as he kissed his cheek. "They'd to cut your hair to avoid any risk of infection."

Jin smiled with trembling lips, a tear gliding down his cheek as he looked at his reflection. He looked so thin and unhealthy, and he tried to be grateful that he was at least alive, and that Namjoon still loved him.

"I've sometimes wondered what I'd look like without hair- I look cuter than I thought," he let out a throaty giggle, feeling the sharp ends of hair growing.

Namjoon chuckled, though he was still aware of Jin's sadness, and kissed him again.

"You're cute in everyway. Nobody can compare to you. My sweet little beauty."

°°°♡ °°°

Words: 1615