chapter 9 Retried from army

Being married for three years without getting pregnant is not a big deal.

There is no shortage of people in the village who have children only a few years after marriage.

However, the Lu family used this as a reason and said it with great fanfare. Dong Jia could only suffer this loss.
Although Chen Guixiang was not very satisfied with what the third aunt mentioned, she still asked a few questions carefully, and the marriage is tied together. What if this is a good one?

"How old is this person?

Where does he work?

How did the first daughter-in-law disappear?

How old are the children?"

After asking a few questions, Aunt Dong Sanjia almost couldn't stand it. She sighed and told what she knew.

:  surnamed Chen,  the first wife died of illness, I have little bit of a relationship with his family, this is also a casual conversation, the Chen family asked me to come back to talk about it, and they expressed their opinions. As long as Jia agrees, they is willing to give a gift of one hundred yuan."

Chen Guixiang looked at her third aunt's eyebrows and smiled, knowing that the Chen family must have promised a lot of money to thank the matchmaker. Otherwise, with the third aunt's temperament, it is unlikely that she would come here specifically for the matchmaker.

She calculated it in her heart. thay person's age thirty-seven this year, more than a round older than Jia

Of course, age is not a rigid condition. If it's really good, it doesn't hurt to be older, but this matter cannot be answered easily, and she still have to discuss  with her family first

" third aunt, you know Jia's situation, and I won't be able to answer it for a while, or you should go back today and wait for me to talk to my family."

Aunt Dong San didn't expect it ... She drank the brown sugar tea in the bowl, wiped her mouth and got up,

"Okay, then I'll wait for your news."

When the eldest daughter-in-law came back from the field, Chen Guixiang told her about it in private.

The reason for telling Zhou Yindi was because Zhou Yindi’s second brother worked in the town and was an accountant of the supply and marketing agency. The supply and marketing agency was in front of the grain station and asked about the Chen family. its Convenient to inquire

"Mom, I know, I'll go home early tomorrow."
Zhou Yindi immediately responded when she heard what her mother-in-law had said. She had always cared for her sister-in-law Jia, sincerely.

She also hoped that jia could find a suitable husband, who would love her well in the future life, Jia's suffering  will be stopped

Chen Guixiang nodded, and then said, "Don't go empty-handed when you go back. Bring back the dozen eggs we saved at home."

Zhou Yindi hurriedly shook her head, "Mom, no need. Keep the eggs at home. I will go back and pass through the town, and just give my nephew some snacks."

For example, biscuits, fruit candies, etc., are decent and realistic to bring back, and the price is not expensive.
Chen Guixiang patted her arm, obviously disagreeing with her daughter-in-law.

"Don't... ours belong to ours... snacks are not good."

Early the next morning, Chen Guixiang sent away her daughter-in-law Zhou Yindi and went into the Daughter's room and saw Dong Jia sewing clothes stitch by stitch.

Someone sent a piece of cloth the day before yesterday and asked Jia to make her clothes, which is the popular Lenin outfit. The reward was two catties of rice and three catties of sweet potatoes.

Sweet potatoes are not rare, but rice is very rare. Two catties of rice is enough for the whole family to eat white rice.

"It's a pity that we don't have a sewing machine. It's quick to make it with a sewing machine."

her three daughter-in-laws got married early. At that time, every household was in difficult conditions, and there was no spare money to buy this valuable thing. Besides, sewing machines not only need money to buy, but also use industrial tickets, which is not something ordinary farmers can buy.

"It's okay, anyway, I don't do anything else now. I just sew a few clothes. It's not a big deal."
Dong Jia's temperament is not an advantage of love. Her current status is an abandoned woman who has returned to her natal family.

The rural areas of this era pay attention to the water thrown out by the married daughter. Not to mention that she is also the daughter of the Dong family, but in the eyes of others, her current status is indeed criticized.

Her teeth sometimes bit her tongue. My parents and brothers don’t care, and I don’t know what a few sister-in-laws would think. She can do her best to contribute to the family and eat more confidently when she eats.

Chen Guixiang sat down and touched her daughter's hair. Dong Jia's thoughts she could understand as a mother. If it weren't for other people's perspectives, she would be happy to keep her daughter by her side for a lifetime.

But she and her husband will get old one day, and they can't let her daughter live alone in this world. They still have to find a good person for her.

**********

"Donglin, you have to think clearly. Your hard work for more than ten years has been wasted. Let me tell you that you have a good chance to rise this time. You will become the battalion commander if you get to the next level. Retiring from the army can be said to have fallen short."

Soldiers are popular now, and It’s not easy for boy like Donglin who came out of the village to walk step by step.

Zhao Donglin smoked a cigarette in silence. He was tall and burly, with a national character face, firm and bold eyebrows, and a heroic man.

"I've already considered it clearly. Let's just do it. There is always something to do in life. Something happened at home, plus my leg was injured before, so it may not be possible to go far even if I stay."

No one in the army said about his divorce from Wang Mei. Apart from feeling a bit embarrassing, he didn't want his comrades to worry about it.

"Hey, it's just a pity that we have been comrades-in-arms for so many years, so I really can't bear to separate."

Zhao Donglin spit out a smoke ring in the night. He pulled the corner of his mouth, flicked the ashes, and looked at the distant night sky with his cigarette.
A few months ago, he received a letter from Wang Mei that he loved and respected this wife because she was his wife, and he respected her because she was his wife.