Untitled Part 26

"Where are your guards?" he asked.

"They are ..." She looked embarrassed. "They were good."

"You fed from them! Did you not learn anything when you were at our home?" Councilwoman Cleo said.

"Speaking of that." She was standing in front of me. "You are in my realm now."

She never heard the swords come out but she had ten of them pointed at her neck.

"Klaus!" She screamed. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Mientjie. Kylie is not your food. Move away from her now." She did not move. "Samuel, Cassie, Colleen, Gen surround Kylie in any form you choose."

I had a wolf and three black panthers around me baring their teeth.

"You can not hurt me. This is my territory." She said this without the ring of authority in it.

"This may be your territory Mientjie but my guards are my guards. They are my property." We could see something that Mientjie could not the disgust on his face when he said it. We nodded in understanding.

She turned to face Councilman Klaus. "Are you denying me my pleasure Klaus?"

"Yes he is Mientjie." Councilwoman Cleo said standing beside him. The rest of our Council stood beside him also.

"Now. Move. Away. From. Kylie." Councilman Klaus said sternly.

Councilwoman Cleo had her special smile. She was heating up Madam Mayer's blood. "Why I am ...? Cleo stop. You have no right to do this."

"And you have no right to feed off of our guards." Councilwoman Cleo told her.

Madam Mayer moved slowly away from me. "I am too warm." She whispered.

"Let me help you with that." Councilman Klaus said smiling. He cooled her down enough that we could see frost on her skin.

"Would you really have killed me?" Madam Mayer asked.

"Yes. Stay away from them," Councilwoman Cleo said, "Or we will leave you to deal with your problem yourself.

Madam Mayer walked back to her chair.

Councilman Klaus turned back to us. "My original order stands." We nodded.

"What order is that Klaus?" Jon asked.

"If any of you feed on any of my guards. They can remove your head from your shoulders."

"This is our territory Klaus. Our rules apply."

"Not when it comes to my guards, it does not."

"Very well. We will not feed from your guards regardless how they smell." Councilman Jon said.

"Thank you that is all we ask or how else are we to help you if you kill all the help?"

"Yes Klaus we understand." Madam Mayer said. "Now how are we going to stop my people?"

"I have some of my people looking for a place for a gathering. Once we have found a place we will send word to everyone."

"All right Klaus." Madam Mayer said confusingly.

"You have no idea what to do, do you?" She shook her head.

"As soon as your people have gathered we will set down the laws you have in place." The South African Council looked at each other.

"What is wrong?" Councilman Antonio asked.

"We have not made our laws known. No one has come to the gathering we had setup." Councilman Jon said.

"When was your last gathering?" Councilman Antonio asked.

"Two hundred and thirty years ago." Madam Mayer whispered.

"Two hundred ...?" Councilman Klaus exclaimed. "Why?"

"Three hundred years ago only half of our vampires showed up. At the one two hundred years ago only a small group showed up. The last one a hundred years ago no one came."

"How long is your gathering?" Councilwoman Cleo asked curiously.

"Only a few days." Councilman Jon said quite proudly.

"Well no wonder no one comes. I would not travel all this way for only a few days." Councilwoman Cleo said.

"How long is yours?" Councilman Jon asked.

"It is a month long."

"A month! What is it that you do that takes so long?" Madam Mayer asked.

"We have trials, registrations, voting, dancing and a lot of socialising. It is the only time some of our people see their friends. And most important they do not have to hide who they are."

"Interesting." Madam Mayer said.

The Riley men returned Councilman Klaus signed 'Did you find anything?'

'Yes Sir. A large bowl shaped impression five miles northeast of here.'

He smiled then turned back to the South African Council. "We will show you how to hold a vampire gathering."

"Will you Klaus? That is so kind of you." Madam Mayer said sarcastically.

"Mientjie you will pay attention at how we do this if you do not learn this lesson. All will be lost to you."

"What do you mean Klaus?" She whispered.

"You will see." He whispered back.

Councilman Klaus turned to his guards. "I want all of you to walk around the area and tell the vampires that there is a gathering tonight at midnight at a large impression five miles northeast from this building. All must attend."

Madam Mayer and Councilman Jon both licked their lips.

"Kylie I would like you to stay with me please." Councilwoman Cleo said. She had noticed them too.

"Of course Madam." The two Council members' faces dropped when I stood beside Councilwoman Cleo as the rest of the guards left the building and started whispering as they walked around.

A few hours later our guards started returning Paddy smiled when he noticed that I had not been fed off of.

"Thank you Kylie for keeping me company." Councilwoman Cleo said smiling.

I bowed to her smiling back then I went to stand with Paddy. Once all the guards returned we made our way to the meeting place.

We waited until past midnight a small group of fifty vampires were the only ones that showed up. One of them went to talk to Shaun. "Excuse me Sir. You did say. Everyone must attend."

"Yes we did." Shaun said looking around.

"Then where is everyone."

"I wish I knew."

Madam Mayer walked over to them. "Now Felicia do not bother these people with your high and mighty questions."

Councilman Klaus signed to me 'Kylie bring that young lady to me Please.' I nodded to him.

I walked over to Shaun "Young Miss Councilman Klaus would like to speak with you." I said.

"Who is he?" She whispered.

"One of the gentlemen sitting behind me." She leaned to one side to see past me.