Untitled Part 67

"Of course I am sure. They have been calling you for the last ten minutes." Paddy whispered to Conroy. "She is right you know I have been calling you for awhile."

"Why?" Conroy whispered back.

"You came after my wife when I am not even cold in the ground yet. What kind of man are you?" Conroy did not say anything.

"Stay away from her or you will be sorry."

"You do not scare me." Conroy said bravely.

Paddy turned his head into a lion's head then leaned down closer and licked his face. Conroy screamed, his wife jumped out of bed and ran out of the room. Paddy's head was back normal. "You come near my wife again, Conroy. You will be joining me. Do you understand?"

"Yyyeesss." He stuttered.

"Good." Paddy leaned back. "Have a nice sleep."

Paddy shifted into a bird and flew out the window. Brian and I moved swiftly, following him.

We waited for the others then watched as the house settle back down. Just before dawn we visited Corben did the same to him. Cory's group did his haunting to Conroy.

Annabelle and I returned to work on the Canal. Cory and Paddy watched over us whenever we were in a position that no one else would see them. They would appear to one of the haunted men.

It was a month when Conroy and Corben started following Annabelle and I. We went to haunt them again. They kept this up until our winter break. Their wives were becoming very angry with them.

"Why are these men haunting you?" Conroy's wife asked after the third haunting.

"I do not know why Peggie."

"Knowing you and your cousin you probably have been chasing their women." She said. Conroy just coughed.

"I thought as much. You go near another woman again. You will be finding another place to sleep, do you understand?"

"Yes dear."

We left Conroy alone.

Corben's wife did not wonder why he was being haunted. She slept through the whole thing. This time Cory and Paddy haunted him together.

"All right. All right. I will not follow your women." Corben said.

"Good because next time we will wake up your wife."

"This I have to see. I can never wake her up ."

Paddy whispered to me. "Kylie put your hands on her." I moved swiftly beside Corben's wife placing my hands on her shoulders. A half minute later she jumped out of bed screaming. She turned on Corben "Why did you do that I was sound asleep?"

"I did not touch you." He whispered. "Then who did?"

He pointed to us, we were standing behind her. She turned slowly around when she saw us she opened her mouth to scream but no sound came out.

"Hey, what are you doing in my house?"

We moved around the room quickly. She had a hard time following us.

"What are you?" She whispered.

"They are ghosts Nancy."

"Ghosts? I did not know ghosts had such cold hands."

I moved behind her and touched her shoulder again. This time she screamed.

Paddy and Cory whispered together. "Stay away from our wives."

"Wives? You are chasing other mens wives. I warned you the last time Corben." She stared at Paddy and Cory. "These men are dead. You are chasing after dead mens wives. Your cousin put you up to this did he not?"