Untitled Part 36

Gen and Colleen came in with Darin

"The Flirty One could also be Quinn." Gen said. "I heard you when I was bring the sacks of flour." She nodded towards the pile. They had been helping with the supplies also.

"I think we are going to have to talk to some of the wolves and shifters." The Councilwoman said.

"The three of them are on patrol with me later. I will ask them." I said.

"Good. It is a start. Can anyone else think of anyone else they might be referring to as Flirty, Sour or Handsome One?" Councilwoman Anna asked.

"Maybe Ramon, he is always chatting with the women." Darin said shyly. "Or maybe Misha or Vlad."

"Oh dear it could be a number of people." Katey said.

"We will have to be more cautious around the Mullins." Councilwoman Anna told us.

We all nodded then went to finish the supplies.

A few hours later I was on patrol with the werewolves. They were chatting about the witches. "Did you see the dress MaryAnn was wearing today?" Philip asked the others.

"She looked very nice." Dennis said turning red.

"What are you talking about?" James asked walking up to them.

"The witches especially MaryAnn." Philip said clearing his throat.

Paddy and I looked at each other. Quinn went to join the wolves. "It was different then the one she wore yesterday." Quinn said.

"Yes it was." The others agreed.

We did our patrol without further comment about MaryAnn's clothing.

Councilwoman Anna was waiting for me when I returned.

"Well what did they say?" She whispered.

"I did not have to ask them anything. They were already talking about MaryAnn's clothing." She looked at me shocked.

"They must be using an enchanting spell. Just not as powerful as the last one."

"Maybe they are trying to see what works on them." I suggested.

"Perhaps, I am going to go through some of my cookbooks to see."

"All right." I bowed then left for my quarters.

I started the evening meal for Paddy. He came in after making his report to Shaun.

"Have you eaten or drank anything from the Mullins recently?" Paddy was asking Quinn when they were came in.

"No Sir. I remember from the last time." Quinn said.

"Then why are you and all the other men so fascinated with MaryAnn Mullin?" Paddy asked. You could hear the frustration in his voice. "I can not have everyone's mind on something else when they should be focusing on the security of the Councils and our home."

"Dad we only commented on her dress." Quinn was trying to calm him.

"Yes I understand that but all the guardsmen are talking about MaryAnn Mullin's dress." He stressed the men in guardsmen.

"Quinn I have not seen this dress you have been talking about. What does it look like?" I asked coming out of the kitchen.

"It is just a regular dress Mom. No different then any other dress." He turned red.

"It must have been something special for all of you to notice it."

"No Mom it was just a dress. She just changes her dress a little more often than the other women here." Quinn was becoming redder.