Untitled Part 58

Scott looked around wondering who else was near. It was just the seven of us.

"What do you mean what else?" Franklin snapped.

"The main part of the device is pewter but what is the dial made of?"

Barkley and Franklin looked at each other. Franklin sighed. "We do not know."

"What do you mean?"

"We found a small piece of rock about the size of an apple. It was shiny and it looked like it had been in a fire. When we found it it had a small hole in it. It was full of water. We had been walking in a very dry arid land. I picked it up to show Barkley who was behind me. I could feel a slight tug. The rock wanted me to turn around but there was nothing around us but sand. Whenever we tried to go in a different direction then the rock want us to go. It would give us a slight numbing feeling in our hands. Finally it brought us to a river. It stopped numbing my hand."

"How did you make the dials?" Elder Camarillo asked. That is when Franklin finally looked at the door. He glanced at Barkley. It looked like he mouthed the word 'sorry.'

"We were able to take small pieces off of the rock, just big enough to make the dials." Barkley said.

"Do you have any of this rock left?" The Elder asked.

"No we used it all for our devices."

"How many did you make?"

"We are not really sure."

We noticed they were becoming rude to the Elder.

Elder Camarillo noticed too. He stretched his arm and grabbed Barkley by the face and turn it towards him. "I am an Elder to my people. Address me so."

"You are not an Elder of my people." Barkley said spitting.

Shaun, Paddy and Colleen gasped.

"Just as I thought." Elder Camarillo said wiping his hand on Barkley's shirt front. The Elder stepped back from the cell door and shook his head.

Shaun slammed the outer door closed then locked it.

Athos and Scott looked at their friend. "I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when Klaus was questioning them, that one with the loud voice just confirmed it." Elder Camarillo nodded towards the cell door.

Several of the Council members came running to the prison cell. "What is it Camarillo? You look upset." Councilman Klaus asked.

"Sir," I said, "the prisoners were becoming very disrespectful towards Elder Camarillo."

"Thank you Kylie." The Councilman nodded to me then turned to the Elder. "I find that a little odd that they would disrespect you, an Elder."

"Apparently I am not an Elder to them." Elder Camarillo told him.

Many of the Council members gasped.

"Open the door please." Councilman Klaus asked.

"Yes Sir." Shaun unlocked it then opened the door.

"What do you want now?" Barkley sneered.

They finally looked up when the silence was replaced by Councilman Klaus' growl.

"Oh Councilman Klaus, we thought it was that nosy shifter asking questions again." Barkley said.

"That 'nosy shifter' is a respected member of this community Barkley and you will show him some respect, do you understand?"

"Yes Sir." Barkley said sheepishly.

"You will be tried in a fortnight and you will be speaking for yourselves."