Untitled Part 37

"We will." They said together.

I walked out of their quarters shaking my head Councilwoman Anna walked by.

"Kylie are you all right?"

"Yes Madam." I bowed. "I have discovered what they were experimenting on."

"Oh?"

"Themselves." I chuckled.

"What?"

I explained the fact that they did not know about the bathing pool and the Sour, Flirty and Handsome One were scents to cover up their smell.

We both laughed and went our separate ways. We did not hear anymore reports of them using their strange language.

During the first snow of the following winter Mike and Connor caught a nasty cold. Both of them were bedridden Scott and Elder Camarillo did not know what to do Mike was a hundred and thirty and Connor was a hundred and twenty seven. They were afraid to give them anything that would make them worse.

It had become obvious that my blood had finally wore off. Gen and Melissa stayed close to their husbands. Colleen was worried that Melissa would catch their cold but for a hundred and fifteen year old she was in great shape. My blood and her parents' shifter blood was keeping her healthy.

Victoria May came in with some chicken soup for the ailing men. It smelled delicious.

"Mama is making me eat this soup at every meal." Victoria May told Melissa.

"I can see why it smells delicious Victoria May." Melissa said.

"No she is afraid that me and Benjamin will become ill too."

"I understand her concern."

"So do I." She smiled. "I will come back with more for you and Gen if you like?"

"That would be great Victoria May. Thank you." Melissa said. She darted out of Scott's examining room.

Katey kept the four of them fed while they were in Scott's care.

Mike's fever broke first Connor's two days later. Scott sent the four of them home to their quarters. Both men died in their sleep a week later.

We gave them a grand funeral. Melissa and Gen were in shock over the lost of their husbands. William and Brian stayed close to their mothers.

Missy would not let go of Quinn. She was terrified of losing him too.

"Missy I am all right." Quinn whispered to her.

"Yes Papa. You are now." Missy told him.

He hugged her tightly. "I love you Missy."

"I love you too Papa." She purred.

The Mullin witches came and watched us bury the McCurdy men.

Gen, Melissa, Brian and William planted to two trees in their memory.

As we were walking back to the cave Paddy and I could hear the Mullins commenting about the McCurdy men. How old were the fathers, mothers and children?"

Paddy looked at me. We knew they would start asking question eventually.

Athos, Julian and Zeus came over to us. Julian signed 'they are starting to become curious.'

We nodded.

Katey had a meal ready in the main square when we returned from the burial. All the food eaters were walking around with food on their plates a short time later.

Councilman Klaus asked Shaun to send some men down to the village to see if it was safe for them to go back to their home.

It looks like everyone heard them.

Shaun had a few guards go to the pub to ask about the Mullins.

The next morning I was training with Shannon. She wanted to have some lessons in swordsmen ship. We trained until Shannon started to sweat.

She signed to me that the Mullins were watching us. I nodded. I signed back that I know I had stopped breathing when they showed up.

We continued for a few minutes more.

We knew to keep an eye on them when we were training not many mortals knew not to disturb the people in the training square.

Aunt Bess came limping over to the square followed closely by Martha and MaryAnn. They were talking quietly but they never stopped talking when they were by the square.

Councilman Klaus growled. Everyone heard him except the Mullins.

Shannon signalled for a stop Councilman Klaus was beside them in an instant.

"Oh Mr. Klaus you startled me." Aunt Bess said holding her hand over her heart.

"I am sorry. We have a rule here. No talking when there are people training. It distracts them. They could be injured."

"Oh we did not know. We do apologise."

"Very good. If you wish to watch you may do so but silently."

"Yes Mr. Klaus." They said together.

"You may continue." He said to us.

We bowed to him.

The Mullins moved away from the square to watch us. We were into our training again when we heard a strange humming sound coming from all around us. We stopped.

The ground started to rumble. Pieces of the ceiling started to fall. Shards of rock went flying everywhere. When the ground stopped shaking there was many of us on the ground with injuries.

I had a few pieces of rock stuck into me so did Shannon. We pulled them out. Someone managed to reach the Summoning Bell and rang it.

It took a long time for everyone to assemble. We all had some sort of injury. Paddy helped me up. He had a gash on his shoulder. Shaun and Colleen came walking in holding each other up.

As everyone moved to the center of the square I noticed a lot of the vampires were in bloodlust. They were smelling mortal blood.

The Mullins.

I looked to where they had been standing last. There was a large boulder in their place.

Shannon and I both moved towards the boulder. Paddy stopped us. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"The Mullins were standing there." I pointed to the boulder.

Councilman Klaus noticed us moving towards the back of the square. "Paddy, Kylie, Shannon what are you doing?"

"The Mullins Sir they were standing there." We pointed to the boulder.

"By The Gods! You are right." He exclaimed. "Antonio come with me."

Councilmen Klaus and Antonio were at the boulder seconds later. We could see the frost building on the boulder.

"All right hit it." Councilman Antonio hit with all his might. The top part of the boulder shattered. The people standing closest picked up the pieces handed them to the person behind them they in turn handed them back and so on until the pieces where gone.

The Councilmen kept this up until the boulder was gone.

The Mullin witches had been flatten by the boulder. We buried them in our graveyard for mortals. They were the only ones killed in the earthquake.

We had a some damage. Some of our log cabins had to be fixed. Toby's shop had a few broken supports. The laboratory needed its roof repaired. One of the corners had fallen in.

Other than that all was well.