Untitled Part 57

"Yes Klaus, after Wilbert told us that many of his family members have been killed and we heard reports from other covens and packs as well. We have to do something."

"Yes Antonio, we do. We must come up with as many options as possible for our community to survive."

"Yes Klaus, our people will have to make some very hard decisions." They walked back into the Council Chambers.

For the next ten months the Councils were always in their Chambers discussing what to do about the creature tracker. One day in late winter Councilwoman Cassie came out of the Chamber and walked over to Shaun. "Grandpa the Councils would like to hold a meeting with the cave residents at noon."

"Yes Madam. I will send word to everyone."

"Thank you."

She looked very troubled.

At noon everyone was gathered in the main square we waited for the Councils. As they walked out of their chambers we could see how troubled they looked.

"My friends thank you for coming, we are in need of some ideas." We nodded. "You all know that we have been trying to come to some decision about the creature trackers. What to do?"

"We have a few options: one is to buy the trackers from all the owners, another is to kill them which does not appeal to us."

"We are at a lost. Do any of you have some ideas?"

"I like the idea of buying them." William said.

"Yes that is something we keep coming back to."

"How much was your's Hugo, Curtis?" William asked.

"We both paid a pound each for the device then a pence for each vial of blood." Hugo said. "The devices are no good without the blood."

"Hugo may I see yours please."

"Certainly Councilman Klaus. It is in my quarters I will be right back Sir." He left for his room.

"When our people questioned one of the sellers, he said that he had twenty partners and they have each sold about a hundred devices each."

Everyone gasped.

"Yes my friend there are many out there." Hugo handed his tracker to Councilman Klaus it slipped from his hand and fell to the ground. Hugo bent down to pick it up. He just stared at the device.

Councilman Klaus stared at Hugo. He was becoming impatient. "Hugo may I see it?"

"Yes Sir but first I must show Curtis something please." The Councilman nodded.

Curtis was beside his friend.

"Does this look familiar?" Hugo handed the device to Curtis. He was staring at the bottom of the device. "Councilman Antonio I think we just found out what they have been hiding." Curtis pointed to the prison cells. He showed the bottom of the device to Councilman Klaus. The Councilman growled. This was not a good sign.

Councilman Klaus whispered to Shaun. "Bring the prisoners here please."

"Yes Sir."

Shaun brought ten of us to guard the prisoners. We brought them in front of the Councils. "Barkley. Franklin."

"Thank you Council members for letting us out." Barkley said.

"You are not free." Councilman Klaus said sternly. "Explain why your monograms are on the bottom of this creature tracker."

"Creature tracker?" Barkley asked.

"Yes this device." The Councilman showed the device to the prisoners.