Untitled Part 4

Councilman Klaus turned to Paddy. "Thank you for waiting Paddy. You can take her now."

Scott noticed Madam Mayor on the floor.

"Sir what happened to her?" Scott asked innocently.

"She feed off of Kylie." The Guards gasped in shock.

I did not hear anything after that Paddy had me outside. He stood still for a moment then took off running to the North.

He helped me stand up. We were in the middle of a herd of elk. I over fed.

We stood there holding each other while they grazed.

"Better?" Paddy asked me after a while. I nodded. I had my face in his chest just taking in his scent. He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. We walked out of the herd then ran back to the cave.

We walked back onto the square the rest of our family smiled when they saw us.

Councilman Klaus walked over to us. "How are you Kylie?"

"I am fine Sir. Nice and full."

"I am happy to hear that." He smiled.

Scott came by to report on Madam Mayor. "She is starting to recover. She is in a lot of pain." He looked a little unsure if he should say anything else.

"What else Scott?"

"Her eyes are gold in colour." He whispered.

"What?!" The Councilman said in shock.

"Yes Sir I do not understand either."

"Why would her eyes have turned golden?"

"I know they turn red when we drink each other's blood but gold?" Then the Councilman's head snapped up. "Draco his eyes were gold."

"But when did you have some of his blood?" Councilman Klaus asked as he turned to me.

"When I healed him Sir. I used some of my blood to heal his wound so did Scott."

"That means both of you have his blood in you."

"Yes Sir."

Scott had a knowing smile. The Councilman turned back to Scott. "Do you think she will recover?"

"Yes Sir. She is showing signs of improvement now."

"Good keep me posted."

"Yes Sir." Scott said.

"Now the rest of you come with me. We will go to the Council chamber and discuss your problem." The rest of the South African Council followed him to the chamber.

Paddy took my hand and we walked back to our quarters. He closed the door behind us. "Why do you think she fed off of you?" He asked hugging me.

"She had asked me whose blood smelled so good. I knew it was mine. I could not smell it. She moves extremely fast."

"Speaking of blood we should change." He smiled.

It took us a while to change.

A few days later I was with the Council when Madam Mayor came to see them. She walked directly to me. Shaun, Paddy and Cory were in front of me as well as Councilman Klaus.

"Mientjie what are you doing? Three days in our healer's examining room is not enough for you?" Councilman Klaus asked sternly.

"I was going to ask her something Klaus." Madam Mayor said.

"Then ask me if you can speak with her. Kylie is one of my Elite Guards." The Councilman said stepping in Madam Mayor's way. "I do not appreciate her being harmed. As does the rest of the Elite Guard."