Untitled Part 55

Once everyone was escorted in the music started.

A little while later the King and Queen arrived followed by Marcel and Benoit. The two of them kept glancing down at something, they were tracking a creature. I guess they were showing their Highnesses how their devices worked.

The Royal Couple went to the dance floor for their first dance. We stood behind Marcel watching their Highnesses. I took a couple of sniffs of air I recognised the scent from many years ago when I was a young vampire. It was the scent of the gentleman that kept asking me out to dinner.

I signed to Paddy that we needed to find Athos. He nodded.

We found Athos a short time later he was discussing business with some men. Paddy signalled to him Athos excused himself.

"What is it?" Athos whispered.

"Athos the man that followed me to Hennie's and Willem's home. What was he?" I asked. Athos looked at me strangely. "He was something I do not have a name for but they eat dead and decaying meat. Why?"

"Marcel and Benoit are tracking one."

"Well they will be lucky to find one. They are very rare."

"Yes I remember you telling me."

"If there is one here all our kind are in danger." I nodded, "Paddy make sure no one else dances with Kylie."

"That will not be a problem." He smiled.

"We must warn the others just in case it is a female." Athos said.

"All right. We will let everyone know." Paddy said.

"Good."

Athos went back to his businessmen. We went back to the dance floor.

Paddy and I walked around letting everyone know about that strange creature before we danced again. Any dance that had us changing partners we either 'rested' or went to 'eat'.

Ever once in awhile we would see Marcel and Benoit walking around trying to find something with their creature tracker.

After the fourth time they walked behind me they had changed the blood on the device. They were looking for a dragon. I signed this to Paddy.

"I found one." Marcel said surprised behind me. I closed my eyes then turned around. "She does not look like a dragon Marcel." Benoit whispered.

I slapped Benoit across the face then stomped off. Paddy was right behind me giggling. Julian and Curtis rushed over to see what was wrong.

"Kylie are you all right?"

"Yes Julian." I hid my smile behind my fan.

"What was that all about?" He nodded in the direction we came from. "I have never seen two men turn red so fast."

Paddy was having a hard time not to burst out laughing. "It was priceless Julian Benoit called her a dragon. Kylie turned around and slapped him across the face."

"Oh that is going to leave a mark." Curtis whispered.

Benoit and Marcel walked quickly out of the ballroom.

Hugo and Arthur came in a few minutes later. "Those two men with the tracker are having quite the argument." Hugo was telling us. "It seems Benoit does not want to have his face slapped again or possible shot because of Marcel's device."

"I wonder who slapped him?" Arthur asked innocently. "He has quite the mark."

"I did." I said quietly.