Untitled Part 61

During that winter Hugo, Curtis, Mishka and Vlad discovered some natives on the river. They were fishing inside their tepees. The werewolves caught a lot of fish. The natives also showed them how to dry them.

Katey was delighted, it had been a while since anyone went fishing. When the boys came back with their catch, everyone was eager to give it a try.

It was late one night in January when Elder Camarillo and Scott came to our door. Pearl opened the door. "Hello Elder Camarillo and Scott. Come in. Please."

"Thank you Pearl." Elder Camarillo said. Paddy and I came out of our kitchen. We bowed to the Elder.

"Ah Paddy, Kylie how are you?" The Elder asked.

"We are well Sir. How can we help you?"

"Scott and I were wondering if you have seen Athos some of his experiments are ready to be analyzed."

"When was the last time you saw him?" I asked.

"Yesterday morning."

"Has anyone seen Councilwoman Anna and Arthur?" I inquired.

"Come to think of it, no" Scott said.

"It was a Full Moon last night she is probably giving birth." I told them.

"How silly of me. I completely forgot her time was near." Elder Camarillo said.

"I think I will check on her." Scott dashed out of the door.

It was two days later before we saw any of them. Councilwoman Anna moved very slowly. She was being helped by Arthur and Scott. Athos was holding their child.

Councilwomen Serina, Tessa and Gillian came to her aid. "My dear woman you need to hunt. You will heal much faster." Councilwoman Serina told her.

"Not until the baby is registered." Councilwoman Anna whispered.

I glanced at Athos. He signed. 'She insisted.'

"I will register your child myself." Councilwoman Cleo said. The Councilwoman ran to their chambers and returned seconds later with parchment and ink.

"The child's name?" Councilwoman Cleo asked. She was poised to write the name.

"Amelia Anna Boulder." Arthur said proudly. "Female, born January 3rd 1750."

All the women gasped when they realized it had been two days since the birth and she was not healed yet. Councilwoman Cleo finished writing down all the information then looked up at her fellow Council members and friend.

"Your daughter is registered Anna. Go feed." The three female werewolves picked her up and ran out of the cave. Colleen, Gen , Annabelle and myself followed them out. We were on top of the ridge seconds later.

"I can not smell anything." Councilwoman Anna cried. "Kylie can you?" She said turning to me.

I took a deep breathe. "There is moose about five hundred yards North, to the East there is five deer about four hundred yards away, towards the river there is two wild cats."

"And to the South?" She looked at me confused.

"Too many mortals." She nodded.

"Deer it is." Councilwoman Anna called out as she turned East. She motioned for me to lead the way. We were at the clearing seconds later. I walked up to one deer and feed. I brought the deer to the Councilwoman. She had already transformed into her wolf form as did the others. Annabelle fed on another deer and brought it to the wolves.

Colleen and Gen patrolled around us. Annabelle and I joined them while the Ladies ate.

Councilwoman Anna laid down on the snow. "Oh that feels so much better."