Untitled Part 5

"I did not hear you." He whispered.

"Yes Sir." They all said it except for Madam Mayor.

"That includes you too Mientjie."

"Yes I understand perfectly."

"Good. My Guards will escort you out of our area."

"There is no need for an escort Klaus." Madam Mayor said.

"I insist. I would not want anything to happen to you on your way home." He smiled. "Vincent have twenty of your pack ready to escort the Council south."

"Yes Sir." Councilman Vincent smiled.

"Pack? Klaus?" Madam Mayor whispered.

"Yes Pack. Mientjie. There will not be any temptation to feed from them."

"Yes of course." She turned to the rest of her Council. "We will leave immediately." They nodded.

She turned back there was twenty werewolf guardsmen waiting from them.

"These men will escort you south until you cross over the Atlantic or the Antarctic."

"Thank you Klaus but it is not ..."

"I insist."

"Thank you." They bowed then left. They were surrounded by the werewolves.

"I could never understand their way of thinking." Councilman Klaus said after they had left.

"That is why we left." Councilwoman Cleo said.

"It was one of the best decisions we ever made." She nodded and smiled.

The werewolf escort returned a month later.

"Did they behave themselves?" Councilman Klaus asked Philip.

"Yes Sir we made sure they only sipped."

"Good job. Have your men go down and have a hot meal."

"Thank you Sir."

The group bowed then went down to Katey's kitchen.

"Shaun how are the preparations for our people to join the French and English conflict again?" Councilman Klaus asked.

"We have four squads set to go to New France and another four packing for Massachusetts Bay" Shaun told him.

"Good when do they leave?"

"As soon as you give the word Sir."

"Very well. I will keep you posted."

"Yes Sir."

Paddy, Quinn, Cory and my squad were ready to join the English side. Athos, Julian, Mariela and Elder Camarillo were going to the French side. They all spoke French. Annabelle had taught Mariela and Constantine many languages.

We even made sure we were all trained with the weapons of the day. Paddy had a 'firing range' in the Manimal Keep. The hills that surrounded the keep helped with the sound of the muskets.

The smell of the gunpowder irritated my nose and the sound made all of our ears ring for a long time.

We were able to load and shoot our muskets ten times in one minute. Paddy laughed after watching us. "We are going to have to slow down. The mortals will never believe we can shoot that fast."

We all looked at each other then laughed.

A few days later the Councils sent out our squads. The group that was going to the English front went to the small shanty town near us to join the British Army.