chapter 31

| Y/n |

| Y/n |

I did nothing all day long, and when I finally woke up, I was lying in bed with an IV in my hand. Even if I had been conscious, I would have forgotten how many injections I had received.

I spend my entire day doing nothing except sitting within these four walls. It felt as though if I left the room, people would stare at me with their critical eyes; it having been so many days, I assumed everyone in the mansion knew what had happened.

Even though I didn't know them personally, I still don't want to see the pity or the critical looks in their eyes.

I remember the conversation few days back what she told me.

Flashback of past day:

"Here, take your drink..." A possibly 60-year-old elderly woman entered; perhaps she was the only one to do so with authorization because no one else entered but her.

I initially didn't want her to see me, but how long can I remain hidden? I was initially embarrassed by how she would treat me, but then she came over and tried to strike up a conversation with me. I won't dispute it, but her inquiry about my well-being and what I should eat helped to lessen my feelings of loneliness.

In this house, it appeared like someone genuinely cared about my likes and dislikes—until one day.

Amanda came inside and put the tray with the dishes aside beside her bed, Y/n didn't look at them,

She sat next me and placed her hand on my head, smoothing my thoughts as she did so, "I know whatever happened to you that no one should be faced but you are lucky...."

I glanced at her, unsure of her point as she continued, not quite understanding which aspect of this circumstance she deemed lucky, "You are lucky that he was not any random man, he was your husband."

No words were coming from my mouth, as I looked at her with curious eyes what she gonna say, "He was your husband, if you are cokblocked him for so long this things will generally happen, after all he is the husband of your, not some any random. You think if you raped by some stranger things will be grosser but you are the lucky one....."

And I ended her statement, "That I was raped by my husband."

As she shamelessly accepted and even went further, "Think if you get raped before marriage, no one will going to marry you, you will bring shame to your family, you will be the disgrace of society."

But things are now totally in control, you are married, your husband was the one who slightly forced you, okay I agree in that circumstance you had injured quite, but if you submit yourself then things will be turn out like this.... Right?"

I wasn't sure of my thoughts until now; up until this point, I may have been experiencing an attachment to her or a different type of peacefulness.

I was not the kind of girl who was easily manipulated by others. I had never experienced oppression in my life, and I am not willing to tolerate wrongdoing just because it occurred while I was in an unfortunate circumstance.

I was the girl who would do whatever to atone for her wrongdoing, even if I did wrong then I will do everything to redeem even if it was possible I have to sacrifice myself, my everything.

I have looked up to my father as a role model since I was a young child. I watched him work tirelessly to help those who had been oppressed, mistreated, raped, or killed. I was there, reading all the information and watching the documentaries to help him and try to understand what he was doing and I knew this kind of situation was not new but I have never thought one day I will be the victim of the same.

And as for my friend Neum, I have no idea how she was doing or whether she was taking care of herself. How was Eun, Neum's daughter?

My existence seemed to be a black tunnel, and despite my best efforts, all I could manage to perceive was a faint glow.

It was like I can hear her those words again and again now, at first I thought I can feel what Neum went through but now I know I can't even imagine what she went through even if we were basically in the same situation.

I know it sounds funny but this was true, she was gang raped and here I was raped by my own husband which was seemed basically she was in the most horrible situation than me, but it didn't mean my pain is not painful.

I wanted to scream at her, Amanda. But remained quiet, you need to know when you should speak and when shouldn't.

Arguing with some people was like filling emotion into a stone.

Time passed,

Her comments kept circling around my head as I tried to sleep, and when I looked at the clock, I saw that it was already two in the morning.

The moment the room door gently opened, though, and I realized who might be that person, my heart began to race.

Taehyung

My heart began to beat more quickly as I closed my eyes and tried not to make any noise because I could feel him next to me. I was ready to attack him

then a warm, rough hand tenderly contacted mine and took hold of it.

As he apologized, I felt him give the back of my hand a gentle kiss.

My thoughts went blank. I never imagined he would one day apologize to me, and I certainly didn't want him to acknowledge his mistake so quickly.

What he thinks is that I can overlook all of his transgressions and abuse and still accept him as my husband, No never he will pay for it, I will make him pay.