Chapter 88

"Baby, tu thik hai? Shehnaaz! Shehnaaz?" Sidharth shook her as she sat still in her seat with her eyes wide open, she was in a state of shock.

"Baba, bol kuch." He unbuckled their seat belts and pulled her closer to him.

"Ha? Mai thik hu, tu? Tujhe kuch hua toh nahi?" She panicked as soon as she gained her senses in his warmth.

"Lagi tujhe?" She asked and he shook his head in response.

"Nahi, I'm okay. I'm fine. Tu thik hai na?" He replied.

Before she could answer, they heard a loud and harsh crash, so loud that they almost flinched at their places. Upon turning back, they found the truck had crashed into the divider on the road and rolled into its side.

"Oh my God!" Her voice quivered and she got goosebumps all over her body. What if the truck would have hit them? What if it would have been as bad as it hit the divider? It would have been a terrible accident.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a call, it was his mother calling them.

"Ha Mom?" He took a deep breath and answered the phone.

"Kaha ho tum dono? Jaldi ghar aao beta, kal shaadi hai. Thoda rest bhi karna padega na, kal poora din tum dono ko time nahi milega!" Rita ji said, it was almost midnight and everybody needed to rest well for tomorrow.

"Ha, aa rahe hai hai. Raste me hai." He replied and hung up.

"Shehnaaz.." he cupped his fiance's face and made her look at him, she was fighting her tears and looking so scared.

"Baby, we're alright. Thank God, kuch nahi hua. Hum thik hai, okay so calm down. Abhi hume ghar jana hai." He told her and she was still blank.

"Baba, we're safe. Kuch nahi hua. Okay?" He added and she shook her head.

"We're not okay! Hum Baal Baal bache hai Sidharth! Abhi kuch idhar ka udhar ho gaya hota toh hum nahi bachte!" She cried, visibly shaking. The sight of the truck against the road divider had disturbed her to no extent.

"I get it lekin hum-" he tried to explain to her that it was important to home in the first place and not tell their parents about this incident at any cost.

"Nahi! Nahi! Tujhe samajh aa rahi hai ke abhi yadi wo truck aur humari takkar ho jati toh kya hota?" She asked him and he nodded wiping her tears.

"Jaan ta hu kya hota, we could have died." He replied and rested his head against hers. His condition was no better, he was shaken and scared by the sight of the truck approaching them. He had never been this worried about anything else in his life because she was there with him as well. It was only for her that he was trying to put up better. brave and practical side to make feel safe.

"Lekin ghar pe sab humara wait kar rahe hai. Hume jana hoga. Please try to understand baby, that we need to get past this as soon as possible because we cannot afford to tell our family what just happened. Can we?" He asked her. And it took her a few seconds to realize and nod at what he was trying to do.

"Ghar pe nahi bata sakte kisi ko, sab ghabra jayenge." She mumbled and wiped her face clean with her hands to look okay.

"Come here." He whispered and pulled her into a tight hug. She wrapped her hands around him and held him as close as she could while he caressed her hair.

"Sab thik hai, ok?" He repeated for her as well as for himself before turning on the ignition and they went back home.

"Yeh koi tarika hai bina bataye ghar se bahar jane ka? Kal shaadi hai teri!?" Shehnaaz's Mami scolded her. Harjot only glared at the couple in front of them and let it go, guiding her niece to their room.