Chapter 17

When a person cares about the other one and wants nothing but to see them smile and be happy. Shehnaaz believed she could show her emotions in many ways. She could fix something for Sidharth or help him out with something. Well, she wasn't exactly in love with him but all she knew were her feelings towards him were comparatively stronger than she had usually ever had towards anybody else. Lately, all she could think about was Sidharth. It wasn't just about her anymore, it's all him. And what could have been better than a drive together with the one you wish to spend most of your time with?

She was excited about it, but she could clearly notice something was bothering him this time, even though he tried to look fine and she hoped to ease him out of it.

"Kaha chale?" She asked.

"Mai soch raha tha beach pe chalte, lekin…" he replied, letting his words trail off dramatically and eyeing her as the reason.

"Yaar, mere ko kyu aise dekh raha hai? Sirf beach hi ja sakte hai kya? Aur kahi nahi?" She replied irately.

"Koi baat nahi, kahi aur chalte hai. Bhadak kyu Rahi hai?" He chuckled, riling her up was fun.

"Toh tu kya karti hai, jab tujhe relax karne ka mann hota hai?" He asked then.

"Hmmm, bohot kuch karti hu. Shower leleti hu, walk pe chali jati hu aur yadi thaki hoti hu toh so jati hu." She replied as if her answer was waiting to get delivered.

"Okay, shower toh hum le nahi sakte filhaal. Abhi car me obviously." He commented with a wink and continued before she could interrupt him.

"Walk pe chalte yadi tujhe beach pe dar nahi lagta aur sona hi tha toh drive pe nikalne ka matalab nahi hai. Toh kuch aur bata." He had a smug look on his face.

"Tu bata phir? Kya kare?" She composed herself from the blushy shade creeping up her cheeks and replied to him.

"How about we go for drinks?" He offered.

"Are you sure? Tu drive kar payega uske baad?" She questioned.

"Mai koi peeke tunn hone walo me se nahi hu. I know my limits." He clarified in case she didn't know him enough.

"Wo toh aaj pata lagega." She mumbled to herself.

"Kya boli tu?" He suspiciously eyed her and asked.

"Mai boli okay, chalte hai." She rephrased her words.

"Hmm. So there's this place called Coach House." He replied, making their way towards the pub.

"Toh tu drink karta hai jab tujhe relax karna hota hai." She mentioned.

"At times." He nodded.

"You really think it's not a safe way to relax? Mera matlab hai, office me kaam karna toh daily basis ka stress de sakta hai." She said.

"Not necessarily. Occasionally chalta hai." He disagreed.

"Ha, jab tak hum control me hai tab tak sab thik rahega. But still, It's not impossible. Mera matlab hai, tu offend mat hona, mai bas apna point of view rakh rahi hu." She replied.

"Sure, go ahead." He nodded in understanding.

"Initially nobody tends to choose alcohol deliberately but I believe it happens after crossing the different phases of drinking. Pehle occasionally chalta hai, party me, friends ke sath toh kabhi stress ke relieve hone ke liye. At this point, one can develop an attachment to alcohol." She explained.

"And it's pretty late when people realize that it has taken over their regular routine. They're aware of the adverse effects but no longer have control over the consumption." She added and quite firmly, making him doubt if they should really go for drinks while having this conversation. Maybe, there was something behind this theory, maybe she was worried if he'd get addicted to alcohol but he didn't know why all of a sudden he was getting lectured like that but nevertheless he agreed with her.